• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your Five Moments of 2010

A

Anonymous

Crystal Ball Time

1) Contador being busted three days before the start of the tour, Astana being thrown out, and Andy Schleck winning his first tour.
2) the curse of the rainbow hitting cadel as he breaks his collarbone in the TdU
3) Cavendish winning Milan San Remo, and the World Championship
4) EbH shocking everyone, winning three stages and the green jersey in the tour
5) Simoni wearing pink in the giro

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Evans wins Giro

Boasson Hagen wins Roubaix

Cancellara Tour podium

MIlram sponsorship extended, sign Greipel/Martin

Freire 4xWorld Champion

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
1) Lars Boom and EBH upsetting the usual suspects in the classics
2) Italian Giro victory
3) Another boring tour, AC winning by 6-7 minutes, Cav wins 7 sprints
4) Footon awarded a prestigious fashion award for their kit
5) Lars Boom and EBH upsetting the sprinters at the worlds

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
1) Lars Boom and EBH upsetting the usual suspects in the classics
2) Italian Giro victory
3) Another boring tour, AC winning by 6-7 minutes, Cav wins 7 sprints
4) Footon awarded a prestigious fashion award for their kit
5) Lars Boom and EBH upsetting the sprinters at the worlds

LOL...it is a thing to behold :D

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
1. Cancellare finally nails it in "de ronde"
2. Cancellara also takes the queen for a second time while he's at it
3. Leipheimer wins ToC with Armstrong comming in second
4. Contador and Armstrong goes crazy allready in june which will deliver epic entertainment like in 2003
5. july: is this a prediction game? then I would say Contador but otherwise I would say Armstrong

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
1. Johnny Hoogerland continues his impressive end to '09 and wins a classic
2. The Schlecklet to retain LBL
3. Boonen to win Paris-Roubaix
4. Cancellara and Cavendish to win the worlds titles.
5. Wiggins to finish outside top 10 in le tour.

1. Alberto to crash on the cobbles in the Tour.
2. Cavendish to have a mediocre year but redeems it with the Worlds.
3. Cadel to come second in the Giro.
4. Dan Martin to be Garmin's surprise.
5. Boonen to make up for last year.

1. After months of secret negotiations and denials, Team Sky scores another major coupe signing David Beckham away from Milan/L.A. for an undisclosed sum.

2. 6 entire teams withdraw from the Tour of Portugal after testing positive for 7th generation EPO. No one is surprised or cares.

3. EBH sports platinum-blond frosted tips whilst en route to victory at Flanders.

4. VDB announces his return to cycling.

5. Radioshack presented by Depends Adult Diapers wins best team competition at TdF

1 Leipheimer getting into a feud with Armstrong about who should be captain at the Tour.
2 Hushovd winning Paris - Roubaix
3 Team Columbia not dominating everything.
4 Löfkvist finally lasting a whole Tour finishing top 15 while helping Wiggins to a podium.
5 Team Sprocket having a good successful year.

Radioshack pulls sponsorship after Armstrong sex video surfaces on TMZ. Armstrong and Bruyneel scramble for another sponsor and are offered jobs at Footon-Servetto bringing along Leipheimer. With no wins, no leader's jerseys gained, they suffer through the entire 2010 season in that buck naked kit.:D

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
1) Haussler wins a monument.
2) Footon-Servetto wins a landslide in CN's 2010 Reader's Poll Best Dressed category
3) AC loses significant time on cobbles.
4) They finally play the spanish national anthem at the tour even though Schleck wins.
5) Cadel wins the Vuelta after getting the fastest wheel change in modern history.

A

Anonymous

Willy_Voet said:
1. After months of secret negotiations and denials, Team Sky scores another major coupe signing David Beckham away from Milan/L.A. for an undisclosed sum.

2. 6 entire teams withdraw from the Tour of Portugal after testing positive for 7th generation EPO. No one is surprised or cares.

3. EBH sports platinum-blond frosted tips whilst en route to victory at Flanders.

5. Radioshack presented by Depends Adult Diapers wins best team competition at TdF

Okay, not funny....but REALLY funny.

A

Anonymous

ImmaculateKadence said:
2) Big George finally wins at Roubaix
3) AC loses significant time on cobbles.
4) They finally play the spanish national anthem at the tour even though Schleck wins.
5) Cadel wins the Vuelta after getting the fastest wheel change in modern history.

I thought it, but i refrained from saying it.. I do not want to do, or say anything that may cause a jinx

Digger said:
1. Alberto to crash on the cobbles in the Tour.

thats almost better than a failed test and expulsion from the tour..

2) Thor Hushovd finally wins at Roubaix
3) Andy and AC battles it out at the Tour, until Jens Voigt suddenly attacks solo on stage 20 and gets 50 minutes on the rest of the field due to pure willpower and pain-tolerance, resulting in everyone else falling outside of the time limit.
4)EBH wins worlds. Perhaps then, he would not be passed by: 6 random skiers, 1 golf player, 3 football players, 2 swimmers, 1 chess player and a Javelin thrower in the "Norwegian athlete of the year" award.
5) Sastre wins giro, Evans 2. yet again.

Willy_Voet said:

This list gets my vote as funniest!

Susan

1. Contador outsprints Lance for a Tour stage, doing his gun salute as he crosses the line. The Texan exercises his right to bear arms and shoots Alberto with an actual gun.

2. Someone will care about the results of the 'Vattenfall' Hamburg 'Classic'

3. Alejandro Valverde's courtroom battles reach such an epic level that noted Spanish film director Alejandro Amenábar makes the film Guerra en Lausana detailing the dramatic and historic events. Valverde will be played by Javier Bardem and D!ck Pound by Will Farrell.

4. So frustrated with Mark Cavendish's constant winning, Bernard Hinault runs up and actually steals the green jersey from Cav during the Champs-Elysees presentation.

5. To help with his constant falling Denis Menchov gets training wheels. He doesn't fall and finishes 4th in the Tour and 2nd in the Vuelta.

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
1) Cavendish winning MSR again
2) Hagen breaking through even more.
3) The jokes about Footon's kit (Mostly the colour resembling something else)
4) Wiggins going top 3 in the TDF whilst Lance gets 4th
5) Tour of Flanders in general.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
1) George Hincapie sports the Stars & Stripes on the top step at the Roubaix Velodrome. (Yeah, I know someone beat me to this, but it's what I really want to see)

2) Skil-Shimano wins Team Competition at TdF.

3) Non-Spaniard wins the Vuelta.

4) In a surprise last minute ruling, the UCI says FootOn jerseys are just too damn ugly to allow in the peleton.

5) Lance Armstrong gets the world hour record, for tweeting, that is.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Crystal Ball Time

1) Contador being busted three days before the start of the tour, Astana being thrown out, and Andy Schleck winning his first tour.
2) the curse of the rainbow hitting cadel as he breaks his collarbone in the TdU
3) Cavendish winning Milan San Remo, and the World Championship
4) EbH shocking everyone, winning three stages and the green jersey in the tour
5) Simoni wearing pink in the giro

I think you need a new crystal ball. The only one I half agree with is number 1

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
This list gets my vote as funniest!

Susan
Why don't we see your 5 moments Susan?

1) Valverde is in the lead of the TDU but he punctures and the mechanical support won't give him a wheel. The tables would of turned!:D he then loses the tdu
2) Evans wins the giro
3) Contador gets busted like in Puerto but the on;y evidence of whose blood bag it is the codename which says "I hate Lance".
4) George does the Flanders/Roubaix double. it's about time he had a major classic win to himself.
5) Armstrong bonks on the stage on top f the tourmalet while in the lead and jaan kirsipuu (who has come back to the tour;)) even beats to the finish.

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
From a British cycle fan's perspective:

1. Wiggins to make the podium at TdF at the expense of cancer awareness.
2. Sky to outperform Lotto in the spring classics with EBH taking a monument.
3. Cavendish leads a 9 man British team to World title in Melbourne.
4. Rapha-Condor-Sharp win the Tour Series crits in Uk.
5. Cavendish to Sky transfer saga dominates headlines from mid March for the rest of the year