• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
It is snowing again. Where I live, annual year to date snowfall is 9 inches. We are now at 30.7 inches. And it is snowing again. My life in hell continues.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
knewcleardaze said:
It is snowing again. Where I live, annual year to date snowfall is 9 inches. We are now at 30.7 inches. And it is snowing again. My life in hell continues.

Oo, best get busy - there are a lot of things I said that I would only do when hell freezes over.....

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Has been 23 degress at night lately, quite annoying in that it takes a while to get to sleep, and knowing me who is somebody who be out like a light when I sleep, I have been having some trouble waking up early to go for my morning ride. I get 7 hours sleep and it feels like I have had four hours sleep. Once I actually force myself out of bed then it is not so bad.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
kelvedon wonder said:
Oo, best get busy - there are a lot of things I said that I would only do when hell freezes over.....

Fear not as hell is not getting colder

Is Hell Exothermic or Endothermic?

"First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant. Two options exist:

1. If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
2. If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true...Thus, hell is exothermic."

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Big snow predicted in the North and East again today and tomorrow. . . . :). I used to fret about it ...... but this year I've appreciated the snow and winter for it's beauty as the season doesn't last too long here. The snow melts fairly quickly in Ohio so I've been able to ride outside enough to keep me from cabin fever.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
-15C without windchill. Still on the trainer, but competing in the Winterlude Triathlon tomorrow. I am doing the skate leg along the Rideau Canal (which is the longest ice rink in the world at 8km long). The other legs of the triathlon are a 5km run and cross-country skiing. Should be fun!

elapid said:
-15C without windchill. Still on the trainer, but competing in the Winterlude Triathlon tomorrow. I am doing the skate leg along the Rideau Canal (which is the longest ice rink in the world at 8km long). The other legs of the triathlon are a 5km run and cross-country skiing. Should be fun!

keep us posted and good luck.

elapid said:

Now that sounds like fun.

It has been touching 40F where I am. I managed to get a ride in for each of the first four days in Feb. That is a little unusual.

DSCN0314.JPG

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
We got hammered by snow over the weekend. No riding outside for quite awhile,as the 18-20 inches of snow is going to take some time to melt.

On the plus side ...... hiking my neighborhood hills in knee deep snow has never been more rigorous... and fun. The neighborhood dogs love it too.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
we are due to get ~10 inches of the white stuff in the next 24 hrs. Yes, I mean snow, no this doesn't belong in the clinic...:rolleyes:

It is winter up here :eek:

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
damn. we had streets that looked like that on saturday. that was out of control.
what is the end result of all that expensive stuff floating down stream? looked
like some nice boats on the loose.

Sunny on Saturday, overcast yesterday, sunny today and allegedly sunny tomorrow. So many miles and I'm tired. I don't know how you Southern Cal people put up with this incessantly cheerful weather.

Oldman said:
Sunny on Saturday, overcast yesterday, sunny today and allegedly sunny tomorrow. So many miles and I'm tired. I don't know how you Southern Cal people put up with this incessantly cheerful weather.
we are getting more rain this year. the ' ill nino ' is bringing it. i kind of like it
for a little while. we had a lot more in Texas growing up. socal is heaven for the weather most days for sure. earthquakes however are not fun. not a bit.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Is this the whining thread? Or the weather thread? I will whine about the weather. We've had thirty inches of snow since the 5th Feb. Another foot is predicted for Feb 10. My life in hell continues. I will not buy a snow blower.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
knewcleardaze said:
Is this the whining thread? Or the weather thread? I will whine about the weather. We've had thirty inches of snow since the 5th Feb. Another foot is predicted for Feb 10. My life in hell continues. I will not buy a snow blower.

I call shoveling snow building "core strength" during the winter :)

TRENDING THREADS