• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Had some interesting weather yesterday

306722-pn-gallery-perth-storm-2-jason-harman-gosnells.jpg

308468-pn-gallery-perth-storm-2-jason-harman-gosnells.jpg

282365-pn-gallery-perth-storm-two-bruce-bramwell.jpg

http://www.perthnow.com.au/gallery-e6frg1vc-1225844278558?page=49

krebs303 said:
TIJUANA (Reuters) – A strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake struck in Baja California, Mexico on Sunday, rocking buildings and panicking residents as far away as Tijuana and Los Angeles and Palm Springs, California.

quake jolts Baja California, Mexico

The aftershocks are strong!
i was in Riverside County and it was a slow roller and long.
you doing ok.?
i hate earthquakes. scary. the Whitter Narrows quake was
massive where lived. the street was a wave. literally. :(
btw USGS says it was 7.2
huge

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
as we say in my country a tremblor

It started and wasn't too bad. then it kept going and then boom I could see the house moving back and forth. it lasted about 40 seconds which is about 4 hours in earthquake years. I did make it to a doorway.

6:33am this morning a 5.1 aftershock gently shook me awake.Shakin' All Over

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Monday
Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. High: 68 °F / 20 °C . Wind WNW 15 mph / 25 km/h . 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.19 in / 4.72 mm).

Monday Night
Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 48 °F / 9 °C . Wind WNW 8 mph / 14 km/h . 20% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.02 in / 0.49 mm).

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
My first earthquake experience was short but had along term effect. I was living in Ocean Beach..was early on a weekend morning and while I was sleeping I got tapped against the wall.I couldn't figure out what woke me up.It was super quite I got up to see all my neighbors outside looking around to see if there was any damage to our houses. Second one I was in La Jolla having a cup of coffee telephone lines were moving a very tiny bit and street lamps had a gentle shake....nothing like Northridge. I couldn't imagine being in TJ..Guy I used to train w often had a house near the TJ country club/golf course. As his family grew the parents just let each kid build a house on top of a house,everything concrete and engineering done on a napkin or paper towel in the family kitchen and approved when their dad had enough beer and liquor in him to say yes.I would kill for a plate of homemade costillas

A

Anonymous

Thunderstorms, with possible tornadoes on the way...81 and humid, but supposed to be 61 and dry by Friday. Lets hope I make it that long.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful clear day in Seattle with glorious snow on the surrounding mountains after 3 heinous wet days. Oh wait, the wind is coming up again and it's off to another La Nina winter and record rainfall.
Be heading South by January if it keeps up.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Rain and 2C this morning. Ice on some roads because it was clear last night (of course). Rain and 1-8C in the forecast for the next 7 days or so.

October/november can be a little rough here before the snow starts to stick...

Did I mention it's dark again :D. Hardest thing to get used to for me...and we got nothing on the folks up north.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
A winter gale is blowing. Since I'm right by the sea on a high point on an island NW of Scotland, that's not really surprising at this time of year. Too windy to ride a bike!

TRENDING THREADS