• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got our first real snowfall for the year...10 cm or so. Much better than the grey cold, wet we usually have this time of the year.

Hope it sticks and we get some more...perhaps the xc tracks around my house will be prepped early this year :)

Susan Westemeyer said:
Same here in my little corner of German near the Benelux. Still windy and cold, not good for those of us who tend to catch bronchitis easily.

Susan

Count me in on that, Susan. I had pneumonia as a kid and I'm susceptible to that sort of thing. Best thing I ever did for my health was to quit smoking menthol cigarettes a few years back. ;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Same here in my little corner of German near the Benelux. Still windy and cold, not good for those of us who tend to catch bronchitis easily.

Susan

L'arriviste said:
Count me in on that, Susan. I had pneumonia as a kid and I'm susceptible to that sort of thing. Best thing I ever did for my health was to quit smoking menthol cigarettes a few years back. ;)

I knonw someone has said it before, but I'll say it again...

Neti Pot
It works wonders for prevention, and shortening of colds, sinus infections, etc.

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
back to the thread... the answer: rain, rain, rain :( oh and it's pretty stormy. not good weather. was wanting to head out on my new bikebut that ain't gonna happen now...

rain, rain, go away...
come again another day (or maybe not! hehe)

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Dallas Fort Worth area.. friday.. 70 degrees...I planned to ride at 11am but a line of thunderstorms was about 50 miles away and closing at 10 so I put on my stuff and figured I might squeeze in a 90 min ride..The streets were spotty wet.. After 15 it started raining erasing any dry spots..I thought I'd at least finish up 30 min..The rained eased and I kept on..Told myself if I wasn't soaking wet at 40 min I'd finish the hour..40 min came and went but at 45 the sky opened up...I pressed on and finished the hour and the rain eased again, but the streets were sloppy..I told myself if I wasn't drenched by 1hr 10 min I would finish my hour and a half..At 1:12 it started pouring again..This time I could hear the drain spouts on the houses I passed , and I was getting pretty wet..My hands and my shoes were almost ok so I kept on ...at 1:20 I gave up...Another line of storms will be here this afternoon when I would have normally ridden..So I got my ride in , less 10 min..Time to give my bike a little wd40..

mimi28 said:
back to the thread... the answer: rain, rain, rain :( oh and it's pretty stormy. not good weather. was wanting to head out on my new bike but that ain't gonna happen now...

rain, rain, go away...
come again another day (or maybe not! hehe)

Yeah... that... same weather here. :(
I looked out the window and saw no signs of better weather, then I decided to brave the weather and head down-town (by bus) to get a haircut and do stuff...
I did see blue sky briefly though...

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Weather

Goolwa Beach South OZ

14.7 C ..... light showers ....... slight wind ........ Gotta go out this afternoon ..... ride maybe tommorow ........ damn .......:confused:

May 20, 2010
Visit site
18 degrees Celsius with a northwesterly gale taking form. Perfect for tomorrow's club race. We've had spectacular weather this Spring in Wellington, much better than what we encountered when whe first moved her almost 4 years ago.

DSCN0335.JPG

like this. temp 83

TRENDING THREADS