• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
55.0 °F / 12.8 °C
Clear
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 31 °F / -1 °C
Wind: 5.0 mph / 8.0 km/h / 2.2 m/s from the North
Pressure: 30.26 in / 1024.6 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Looking South towards Primo Tapia on the free road
DSCF3149.JPG

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
WE had about four inches of snow yesterday, incredibly early for us. It is packed down on the roads, and driving is pretty dangerous. Not supposed to get up to the freezing point today.

Only one of our cars has snow tires, so I am stuck at home. Good thing I work from home!

Susan

Ugh...the autobahn and snowpack always made me nervous...some of the resulting pile-ups from cars doing 130+ and hitting ice were utterly amazing (in a bad way of course)...

-19C on the drive in to work this morning! Too cold to even ski. yuck

flyor64 said:
Ugh...the autobahn and snowpack always made me nervous...some of the resulting pile-ups from cars doing 130+ and hitting ice were utterly amazing (in a bad way of course)...

YEs, and of course my husband had a business trip to near Frankfurt yesterday. He said on the drive home they only averaged about 70 km/h, but it was truly amazing how many cars were still going so fast. Not a good idea when you can't see anything and the road is icy, but hey......

My husband got home safely.

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
...but it was truly amazing how many cars were still going so fast. Not a good idea when you can't see anything and the road is icy, but hey.....

Same here in Belgium: bad weather rarely makes any difference to (what I think is) an appalling standard of driving. Seems like some people have a deathwish. Folks can do what they want, whatever, but the trouble with that in driving terms is that the rest of us risk suffering the fallout.

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
UK, South Coast.

Cold, day Ave 0, night Ave -2, cold but not as cold as some, little snow (light fluffy but not sticking, damp, cloudy, no sun (yet) If it stays like this tonights training will be on, complete with thermals and lights..High Cadence climbing training only to keep the windchill down.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
About 250mm of snow up here in NE England.

-8deg C at night, though just above freezing today so feeling toasty.

Awesome MTBing weather.:)

A

Anonymous

Andy99 said:
About 250mm of snow up here in NE England.

-8deg C at night, though just above freezing today so feeling toasty.

Awesome MTBing weather.:)

Same here, the snow is now about 4" higher than the door step, about 1ft deep in untouched places.

Gutted I cant take the bike out in it, still waiting for the back to heal properly. :/

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Last night's Sunset
76520_10150319912580012_507150011_15808657_6897008_n.jpg

Sorry my poor frozen friends the weather here is just lovely.

Wednesday
Clear. High: 71 °F / 22 °C . Wind NNW 6 mph / 10 km/h .

Wednesday Night
Clear. Low: 50 °F / 10 °C . Wind SE 8 mph / 14 km/h .

TeamSkyFans said:
Same here, the snow is now about 4" higher than the door step, about 1ft deep in untouched places.

Gutted I cant take the bike out in it, still waiting for the back to heal properly. :/

Looking out my office window at folks slipping on it below, I was just wondering why cyclists are hardwired to love snow the same way little kids do. Even though cycling and snow are not easy bedfellows.

When I was a kid, on our club runs we used to attack off the front just to deliberately ride headlong into deep snowdrifts.

But the cold and wet would soon get under my overshoes. It's no coincidence I suffer from poor circulation in my feet nowadays. 'Snow joke, you know ;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
It's snowing again this morning, sigh.

Although they say we might actually get up to the freezing point this weekend!

Susan

It's a perfect time to take up cross country skiing Susan!!! :D

Did I see we live on top of a hill?

Just got back from taking my son to the doctor, as long as you go slowly it is ok, and they are already scraping and sanding. But it is still coming down :-(

We don't actually have all that much snow, it's just that what is there is not going away.

Susan

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
We have had a cool change today. Down to 29c from the high 30s of the last week. Forecast is for mid to high 20s for the next week with a chance of rain. I live in a drought affected area, where everything is already differing shades of brown, and can't even begin to image the snow and cold.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
dafnnic said:
We have had a cool change today. Down to 29c from the high 30s of the last week. Forecast is for mid to high 20s for the next week with a chance of rain. I live in a drought affected area, where everything is already differing shades of brown, and can't even begin to image the snow and cold.

Our drought broke this year, with the highest rainfall in 17 years. We even have puddles. I'm still astounded by them.

I find the posts about living in snowy environments fascinating but it's beyond my comprehension. And the temperatures! I'm surprised people can actually live there. :D

46C and a hot wind blowing like a fan-forced oven, now that I understand.

Spare Tyre said:
Our drought broke this year, with the highest rainfall in 17 years. We even have puddles. I'm still astounded by them.

I find the posts about living in snowy environments fascinating but it's beyond my comprehension. And the temperatures! I'm surprised people can actually live there. :D

46C and a hot wind blowing like a fan-forced oven, now that I understand.

although this song is about Arizona, you will get it.

http://ilike.myspacecdn.com/play#Ro....0.2.220,std_717f9e95ad5a40da845bf7936e8bc818

Robert Earl Keen, Furnace Fan

TRENDING THREADS