• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
RedheadDane said:
BLERGH!

Blergh: adj. Used to describe things, such as weather, which is extremely unpleasant.

Blergh!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks. It finally snowed after the driest December on record.

I took time on Thursday to get in 102km and I was hoping to get a decent ride in today. Visions of doing 1000km during January danced through my head. The snow in the valley is thin so far. If it doesn't snow more and dries out then tomorrow...

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Clear. High: 69 °F / 21 °C . Wind WNW 6 mph / 10 km/h .
DSCF2985.JPG

Managed to ride yesterday for the first time this year. Still, very cold out. About 40f, and windy. Hate the cold wind like that.

Supposed to snow here over the weekend. Flaky snow and a light dusting would be great, but we don't get that here. No Rocky Mountain powder snow here, we get Cascade Cement.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Coldest Summer Day for 3 years yesterday in Melbourne with a maximum of 19oC. The cold weather was a rude shock once I got out of the plane and walked inside of Tullamarine airport.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
East Lancashire, 10C sunny wnw wind 38kph not much of a winter so far following on from not much of a summer we're sort of on perma-autumn it seems all very odd

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
It's currently 44F, and a few minutes away from leaving for the noon ride in Palo Alto Ca., for one of my favorites. Out to HWY 92, via Canada road and back. It's going to be a cold few hours, but I like the high tempo this ride provides. There's been a threat of rain but it looks like we may be able to squeak this one in!

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Northern California's long autumn is finally over! Rain today and should continue for a while...time to add the fender and see if I can find that rain gear.

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ever heard a beavers teeth chatter.

A few days ago the low was -39c,with wind chill -47c. It warmed up today and is only -17c with wind chill -28c. The sad thing it was colder elsewhere. Saskatchewan is a beautiful place but man it can get chilly.

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Going along on the Spectrum Ride and all of the sudden the rain dumps on us, lightening and thunder, and then no brakes! My carbon rims don't like the wet. I was actually gaining speed on the downhills with the brakes on! Decided to call it a day and chalk it up to a bad equipment call. Headed home to cleaned the bike and as just as I get home the sun comes out to stay!

May 13, 2009
Visit site
It's clear and cold here with a light, southernly wind. Aurora borealis is visible. Yesterday was 'sunday', meaning the first day in the year the sun rose over the horizon after two months of polar night.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Been raining since Monday morning here, and more is forecast up until the weekend....

This is sucking my will to live, I am sooooo sick of riding on rollers :(

Yeah I will be setting my wind trainer soon, by the looks of things it isn't going to get better anytime soon. Where you affected by the flooding last year in Brisbane?

TRENDING THREADS