• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your Message In Chalk At The Tour

Lance and Livestrong have created some super-duper machine to write your chalk messgae on the road at the tour

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/livestrong/en_US/chalk_messages

I'm just worried about what might get written on the road. I can just picture it now in huge letters on the road:D

"LA EPO" or
"LA = Doper"
And everything else he gets called daily in places like this forum.

Im sure they will probably have some sort of censoring machine or some poor guy sitting there proof reading every single message

In all seriousness though, i think it souds like a good idea

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Lance and Livestrong have created some super-duper machine to write your chalk messgae on the road at the tour

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/livestrong/en_US/chalk_messages

I'm just worried about what might get written on the road. I can just picture it now in huge letters on the road:D

"LA EPO" or
"LA = Doper"
And everything else he gets called daily in places like this forum.

Im sure they will probably have some sort of censoring machine or some poor guy sitting there proof reading every single message

In all seriousness though, i think it souds like a good idea

I hope it's different from the chalk his fans used at the Tour of California. They wrote with at near the finish lines and it made a dusty yellow mess that was bad for the riders and spectators.

I thought this topic would have been flooded with lance fanboys and lance haters by now. Not that im complaining, the peace and quiet is good but it makes me nervous and uneasy like something is gonna blow.:confused:

*Runs away and hides*

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
I thought this topic would have been flooded with lance fanboys and lance haters by now. Not that im complaining, the peace and quiet is good but it makes me nervous and uneasy like something is gonna blow.:confused:

*Runs away and hides*

I am neither, but at the risk of feeding the wolves, let me say this:

It's always a little sad to see corporations take formerly spontaneous gestures of public expressions and turn them into shallow marketing tools.

OTOH if other companies take up the idea, we could add something kinda wacky to the Tour cavalcade--half a dozen "chalkbots", decorated with team logos, boomboxes, flashing lights, spinning hubcaps and "pumping" shock absorbers.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I personally liked seeing the large schlong that was drawn on the road a few years back...that was hilarious.

A bit basic but I would write:

Blood is red, coke is white, be careful what you take tonight!

Too long but catchy nonetheless.

P.S. is nonetheless correct or is it none the less?

Turd Ferguson said:
I personally liked seeing the large schlong that was drawn on the road a few years back...that was hilarious.

U.S. coverage is pretty good at editing out the giant phalluses in their evening coverage. They tend to edit out a lot of stuff.

I say we combine a giant yellow phallus and the word "Armschlong".