• We hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. Thanks so much for being part of the Cycling News community!

Youth CQ Ranking Game 2019

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Damn, that MADRAZO team looks strong!

Here's mine:

KANTER Max
HOELGAARD Markus
MOSCHETTI Matteo
DAINESE Alberto
HONORE Mikkel Frølich
HAYTER Ethan
LEKNESSUND Andreas
DONOVAN Mark
BOUCHARD Geoffrey
PRONSKIY Vadim
MARCHETTI Moreno
OSORIO CARVAJAL Alejandro
SCOTSON Callum
DE KLEIJN Arvid
EVENEPOEL Remco
 
Right, some data:

We have 38 participants and in total 163 unique riders selected. The most popular rider, Remco Evenepoel, appears on 35 teams. The next most popular rider, Alejandro Osorio Carvajal, is on less than half of the teams (18). It appears there were very few 'obvious picks' this year.

Ludwigzgz has the most popular team this year, followed closely by Wallenquist, with a popularity score of 188 and 185 respectively. The best popularity score possible is 220.

The oldest rider selected is 34-year old Peter Kusztor on LukasCPH's team. The youngest team is Jon_Ezeitza's baby squad with an average age of less than 19, but Josedin, LosBrolin, Karaev1 and CORDI also went for a sub-20 team.

The most expensive rider selected is Mathieu van der Poel, who is on 10 teams, and the most expensive unique pick is Aksel Nommela for DJW.

More popularity data in the next post

Spreadsheet at MediaFire
 
Popularity rankings
Ludwigzgz 188
Wallenquist 185
Jpettersen 174
Armchair_Cyclist 173
del1962 170
skidmark 170
MADRAZO 168
Hakkie2 167
laarsland 167
18-Valve 161
Joelsim 155
DJW 154
Squire 153
Nyssinator 153
shawnm4747 150
Kryvo 150
Kazistuta 150
LaFlorecita 149
TheArt 147
comodoro 144
Nathanptz 143
LosBrolin 140
Karaev1 140
CORDI 138
fauniera 136
rote_lanterne 133
scrooll07 132
Josedin 116
Leadbelly 114
Jon Ezeitza 113
Trudgin 113
AupaPyama 107
LukasCPH 107
search 104
will10 97
jfazendeiro 82
otoxiep87 74
Koronin 63

Rider popularity
EVENEPOEL Remco 35
OSORIO CARVAJAL Alejandro 18
MOSCHETTI Matteo 17
VACEK Karel 17
HONORE Mikkel Frølich 16
DEWULF Stan 14
MUÑOZ LANCHEROS Cristian Camilo 14
STANNARD Robert 13
BYRIEL IVERSEN Rasmus 12
AFFINI Edoardo 11
ARENSMAN Thymen 11
HÄNNINEN Jaakko 11
SCOTSON Callum 11
DE DECKER Alfdan 10
KANTER Max 10
LONARDI Giovanni 10
VAN DER POEL Mathieu 10
BOUCHARD Geoffrey 8
NIEUWENHUIS Joris 8
WILLIAMS Stephen 8
GREGAARD WILSLY Jonas 7
HAYTER Ethan 7
HIRSCHI Marc 7
MARCHETTI Moreno 7
MAYRHOFER Marius 7
POGACAR Tadej 7
VINGEGAARD RASMUSSEN Jonas 7
DE BOD Stefan 6
DONOVAN Mark 6
LEKNESSUND Andreas 6
MUÑOZ GIRALDO Daniel Felipe 6
PARET-PEINTRE Aurélien 6
PIDCOCK Thomas 6
TANFIELD Harry 6
DAINESE Alberto 5
GIBSON Matthew 5
JOHANSEN Julius 5
PEAK Barnabas 5
THIJSSEN Gerben 5
TOUZE Damien 5
BAGIOLI Andrea 4
BARBIER Pierre 4
FEDELI Alessandro 4
GALL Felix 4
MÄRKL Niklas 4
WHELAN James 4
AARNES Daniel 3
CAÑELLAS SANCHEZ Xavier 3
CHAMPOUSSIN Clément 3
COVI Alessandro 3
COVILI Luca 3
DE KLEIJN Arvid 3
FEDRIGO Leonardo 3
MÄDER Gino 3
PRONSKIY Vadim 3
QUINN Sean 3
TILLER Rasmus Fossum 3
VILLALOBOS HERNANDEZ Luis Ricardo 3
WAERENSKJOLD Soren 3
ACOSTA OSPINA Ruben Dario 2
CAICEDO CEPEDA Jonathan Klever 2
CHIA BERMUDEZ Luis Carlos 2
COTE Pier-André 2
EGHOLM Jakob 2
ERIKSSON Lucas 2
FERASSE Thibault 2
FOSS Tobias Svendsen 2
JIMENEZ MARTINEZ Luis Fernando 2
LIEPINS Emils 2
LOPEZ PEREZ Juan Pedro 2
LOPEZ-COZAR JAIMEZ Juan Antonio 2
RIES Michel 2
ROCHAS Rémy 2
SEVILLA LOPEZ Diego Pablo 2
VAN TRIJP Maarten 2
VERMAERKE Kevin 2
WHITEHOUSE Daniel 2

86 unique picks
AALRUST Haakon Lunder
AASHEIM Ludvig Fischer
ARIAS MOLINA Carlos Antonio
BALMER Alexandre
BATTISTELLA Samuele
BERRADE FERNANDEZ Urko
BISSEGGER Stefan
BOL Cees
BRUNEL Alexys
CALDEIRA Samuel Jose Rodrigues
CARVALHO Andre Rodrigues
CARVALHO Antonio Ferreira
CULLAIGH Gabriel
DE JONG Jeen
DOWNEY Mark
EEKHOFF Nils
ERRAZKIN PEREZ Xuban
EVANS Alexander
FAGERHAUG Petter
FANCELLU Alessandro
GAZZOLI Michele
GHIRMAY Biniyam
GOMEZ JARAMILLO Nicholas David
GONZALEZ LOPEZ David
GROVES Kaden
HAILU Biniam Girmay
HECHT Gage
HERNANDEZ GOMEZ Brayan
HERNANDEZ Michael
HINDSGAUL MADSEN Jacob
HOELGAARD Markus
HOLLMANN Juri
HOLOWESKO Liam
HOOLE Daan
IDJOUADIENE Pierre
ISERBYT Eli
JERMAN Ziga
KLARIS Magnus Bak
KOOISTRA Marten
KULIKOVSKIY Alexandr
KUSZTOR Peter
LAFAY Victor
LARSEN Niklas
LAVRIC Martin
MAAS Jan
MAGENNIS Liam
MALDONADO Dylan
MARENGO Umberto
MARTIN SANZ Gotzon
MONK Cyrus
NATAROV Yuriy
NEUHAUSER Marcel
NOMMELA Aksel
NORSGAARD JØRGENSEN Mathias
OLDANI Stefano
PAASSCHENS Mathijs
PEDERSEN Rasmus Lund
PEKALA Piotr
PEÑALVER ANIORTE Manuel
PRICE-PEJTERSEN Johan
RAJOVIC Dusan
REYNAERTS Jan
RICHARDSON Alexandar
RIOU Alan
RODRIGUES Joao Pedro Lourenço
ROJAS CAMPOS Gabriel Francisco
ROUILLER Loris
SAENZ BALLESTEROS Nicolas
SÁNCHEZ PALAZÓN Javier
SOLOMON Zemenfes
STEWART Jake
STOKBRO Andreas Nielsen
SUREDA MOREY Jaume
TANFIELD Charlie
TEGGART Matthew
TIMMERMANS Justin
VALTER Attila
VAN DEN BERG Marijn
VAN POUCKE Aaron
VAN WILDER Ilan
VERVLOESEM Xandres
VIEJO Redondo Jose Daniel
WALLIN Rasmus Bøgh
WALSLEBEN Philipp
ZHYHUNOU Dzmitry
ZIMMERMANN Georg
 
This is the most popular team possible:

KANTER Max 200 10
STANNARD Robert 172 13
MOSCHETTI Matteo 144 17
DEWULF Stan 101 14
HONORE Mikkel Frølich 76 16
DE DECKER Alfdan 76 10
HÄNNINEN Jaakko 48 11
ARENSMAN Thymen 46 11
AFFINI Edoardo 41 11
OSORIO CARVAJAL Alejandro 17 18
MUÑOZ LANCHEROS Cristian Camilo 13 14
SCOTSON Callum 7 11
EVENEPOEL Remco 0 35
VACEK Karel 0 17
BYRIEL IVERSEN Rasmus 0 12

Like Max Kanter and Alfdan De Decker, Mathieu van der Poel and Giovanni Lonardi were also selected 10 times, but Van der Poel was too expensive to include, and the combination of Kanter and De Decker brought us closest to the max budget.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Ludwigzgz has the most popular team this year
[/url]
:(
This is not good news. Collective wisdom never can win.
I have one unique pick: el tico Carlos Arias. I hope we will hear about this man again in the future...
And my tricks are James Whelan & Tadej Pogacar
 
Ludwigzgz said:
LaFlorecita said:
Ludwigzgz has the most popular team this year
[/url]
:(
This is not good news. Collective wisdom never can win.
I have one unique pick: el tico Carlos Arias. I hope we will hear about this man again in the future...
And my tricks are James Whelan & Tadej Pogacar
Well, last year Hakkie2 and MADRAZO had the most popular teams and they finished 2nd and 7th. So they didn't win, but they did quite well ;)
 
Re:

Squire said:
Damn, that MADRAZO team looks strong!

Here's mine:

KANTER Max
HOELGAARD Markus
MOSCHETTI Matteo
DAINESE Alberto
HONORE Mikkel Frølich
HAYTER Ethan
LEKNESSUND Andreas
DONOVAN Mark
BOUCHARD Geoffrey
PRONSKIY Vadim
MARCHETTI Moreno
OSORIO CARVAJAL Alejandro
SCOTSON Callum
DE KLEIJN Arvid
EVENEPOEL Remco
Thanks, that gives some extra confidence :) I do feel pretty good about my team too, even if will rely a lot on a good season from MVDP, but I think with not many good picks above 100 points he was the best solution.

Yours looks very strong too as usual and good to see we agree on a lot of the cheap riders and some of the good more rare picks like Marchetti, Bouchard and De Kleijn. And had I not picked MVDP I would for sure have picked Kanter instead too. Options like Pogocar, Mäder and Hirchi for instance are all great talents, but I just cant see them better their scores as neos on their teams next year.

It will be interesting to see what will happen to Hayter next season and who he signs with and what programme he will get. He could end up a very good pick for you. I did considder him a lot as well, but not knowing his team/programme got too uncertain for me.

Dainese, Pronskiy, Leknessund and Donovan are all great talents too, and could turn out good, but I just generally prefered to pick riders with procontracts.

Edit: Don't know why I missed that Dainese had signed with SEG racing, but that should make him a good pick

The pick I like the least from your team is Hoelgaard where I just think his teams schedule will not give him much chance to improve on his strong season.
 
Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
MADRAZO said:
... and Donovan are all great talents too, and could turn out good...
Yep: I'm fairly sure that is who I was thinking of when I chose Mark Downey. Ah well, at least I have a unique pick, and an Irishman too, to cheer for.
Its funny because I mixed these 2 up myself earlier last year, and first thought it was Downey when Donovan became stagiere with Sky- so it's not only you :) Downey is quite talented too though a completely different kind of rider. He could well be a good pick too, but I suppose he might risk having to do a lot of leadouts work with so many other fast riders on his new team, but I guess on the other hand he is the most versatile fast guy that they have, which could give him some chances.
 
Great victory at La Tropicale Amissa Bongo from my Eritrean GHIRMAY Biniyam. This "boy" (18 years old) has won all the sprinters, having lost yesterday almost an hour. 20 very beautiful points for a boy that cost me 0 :cool:

And I have it exclusively :D
 
Re:

jon ezeitza said:
Great victory at La Tropicale Amissa Bongo from my Eritrean GHIRMAY Biniyam. This "boy" (18 years old) has won all the sprinters, having lost yesterday almost an hour. 20 very beautiful points for a boy that cost me 0 :cool:

And I have it exclusively :D
Well done!

First update should come out tomorrow. Note: Tropicale results won't be included in it just yet
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
jon ezeitza said:
Great victory at La Tropicale Amissa Bongo from my Eritrean GHIRMAY Biniyam. This "boy" (18 years old) has won all the sprinters, having lost yesterday almost an hour. 20 very beautiful points for a boy that cost me 0 :cool:

And I have it exclusively :D
Well done!

First update should come out tomorrow. Note: Tropicale results won't be included in it just yet
Well, it's a very big pain. I will not be able to enjoy the pleasure of the victory of my baby Biniyam GHIRMAY (or HAILU Biniam, or Girmay HAILU ... anyone knows). Surely someday they will agree to write it unifiedly on the different websites :confused:
 
Re: Re:

jon ezeitza said:
LaFlorecita said:
jon ezeitza said:
Great victory at La Tropicale Amissa Bongo from my Eritrean GHIRMAY Biniyam. This "boy" (18 years old) has won all the sprinters, having lost yesterday almost an hour. 20 very beautiful points for a boy that cost me 0 :cool:

And I have it exclusively :D
Well done!

First update should come out tomorrow. Note: Tropicale results won't be included in it just yet
Well, it's a very big pain. I will not be able to enjoy the pleasure of the victory of my baby Biniyam GHIRMAY (or HAILU Biniam, or Girmay HAILU ... anyone knows). Surely someday they will agree to write it unifiedly on the different websites :confused:
Well, you'll be able to enjoy the victory again in the following update ;)
 
Update 1

Time for a short first update to start off the season. Only a couple of races are included in this update, which means only few riders scored. One of them was Tadej Pogacar, with 49 points at the Tour Down Under he was the best scoring rider. Obviously, the 7 people who selected him are the top-7 scorers this week. Ludwigzgz added points from James Whelan and Callum Scotson, which makes him top scorer. Karaev1 is just a handful of points behind as he lacks the points from Whelan, while 3rd placed Kryvo does have Whelan but not Scotson. Rounding out the top-8 as the 'best of the rest' is search, thanks to a good start of the season for his unique pick Cyrus Monk. 9 people share 9th place with 14 points from Callum Scotson.

1 Ludwigzgz 68
2 Karaev1 63
3 Kryvo 54
4 comodoro 49
4 fauniera 49
4 Jon Ezeitza 49
4 Josedin 49
8 search 22

Spreadsheet at MediaFire
 
LaFlorecita said:
Update 1

Time for a short first update to start off the season. Only a couple of races are included in this update, which means only few riders scored. One of them was Tadej Pogacar, with 49 points at the Tour Down Under he was the best scoring rider. Obviously, the 7 people who selected him are the top-7 scorers this week. Ludwigzgz added points from James Whelan and Callum Scotson, which makes him top scorer. Karaev1 is just a handful of points behind as he lacks the points from Whelan, while 3rd placed Kryvo does have Whelan but not Scotson. Rounding out the top-8 as the 'best of the rest' is search, thanks to a good start of the season for his unique pick Cyrus Monk. 9 people share 9th place with 14 points from Callum Scotson.

1 Ludwigzgz 68
2 Karaev1 63
3 Kryvo 54
4 comodoro 49
4 fauniera 49
4 Jon Ezeitza 49
4 Josedin 49
8 search 22

Spreadsheet at MediaFire
+ 20 from HAILU Biniam = 69 :D :D :D
 
To Cadel Evans, I go with POGACAR Tadej and KANTER Max. They are not leaders, so I expect few points in this race. :(
To San Juan, with EVENEPOEL Remco and DEWULF Stan. I can get a few points. Let's see if it's true and we'll establish that youth leadership :)
 
Update 2

Last week, all eyes were on Remco Evenepoel, expectations were high and he definitely delivered. But as he is on so many teams, his points don't matter too much. Looking at this update's highest scorers, it's the rare picks that are making the difference. Highest scorer Kryvo got, besides Evenepoel's points and some other minor scores, 23 points from his rare pick Biniam Hailu, who he shares with Jon Ezeitza. LosBrolin and will10 share the 2nd spot on the podium for this update, but they scored with different riders. LosBrolin saw his rare and expensive pick Gino Mäder deliver a promising performance in San Juan, for which he got 21 points. Will10's major scorer besides Evenepoel was near-unique pick Daniel Whitehouse, who collected a total of 29 points in New Zealand and Australia.

LosBrolin and will10 are also the highest movers, moving up 11 and 10 places, respectively. Nyssinator rounds out this podium by moving up 8 positions.
Overall, we see Kryvo take over as the leader in the competition, and Jon Ezeitza also moves up onto the podium.


Highest scorers
1 Kryvo 84
2 will10 72
2 LosBrolin 72
4 Jon Ezeitza 71
5 LukasCPH 69
6 Ludwigzgz 64
7 Josedin 61
7 Nyssinator 61
9 Jpettersen 51
9 Wallenquist 51
9 laarsland 51
9 TheArt 51

Highest movers
1 LosBrolin +11
2 will10 +10
3 Nyssinator +8
4 Kryvo +2
5 Jon Ezeitza +1
5 LukasCPH +1
5 Wallenquist +1
5 laarsland +1
5 TheArt +1

Overall Ranking
1 +2 Kryvo 138
2 -1 Ludwigzgz 132
3 +1 Jon Ezeitza 120
4 = Josedin 110
5 -3 Karaev1 103
6 -2 comodoro 97
7 -3 fauniera 92
8 +1 LukasCPH 83
9 +10 will10 77
10 +11 LosBrolin 72

Spreadsheet at MediaFire
 
Well, well, great news coming from "youngland". With the youngest team in the peloton (18.87 years), the only one that falls below 19, we have reached the podium. The Eritrean signing Biniam Hailu has been decisive. But there will be more surprises, because my youngsters are eager to do well :cool:
 
Well, well, great news coming from "youngland". With the youngest team in the peloton (18.87 years), the only one that falls below 19, we have reached the podium. The Eritrean signing Biniam Hailu has been decisive. But there will be more surprises, because my youngsters are eager to do well :cool:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Games and Fantasy Cycling 228

ASK THE COMMUNITY