• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Movie Thread

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I can't put my finger on it exactly, because I did like Adam Sandler as a scumbag jewelry salesman.. But in Spaceman..his recent thing.. it's not just him, movie is hard to watch.. I hope Happy Gilmore type stuff is not over.. And that said I hope Will Ferrel doesn't get all dramatic on us
Spaceman was absolute trash. I don’t know if the positive reviews are paid or AI. When we watched the trailer it looked okay till the spider appeared. Just got worse and worse as it progressed. Of there with The Whale as one of the worst movies this decade.

Good ol’ Liam Neeson fits this perfectly.
After Schindler's List I thought Neeson would become a serious dramatic actor, never imagined he would become a Hollywood action star. His filmography is actually sort of all over the place, it's as if he's not very selective when it comes to choosing film roles? (At 71 though I can't fault the guy for grabbing roles while he still can.)

Reactions: SHAD0W93
There was some talk about action!!
Jaque Mate\ Check Mate
stars Adrian Suar as a kind of Spanish speaking James Bond type character, action from the beginning until the end of the movie, good entertainment.
Road House
I didn't expect much, was satisfied. The movie spends tons of time focusing on Jake Gyllenhaal's natural beauty, and he is, he has 12 or 18 pack stomach muscles and looks to have trained for a long, intense period for the movie, he is often w no shirt and underwear. The movie is absolutely terrible, I watched the whole thing, the don't give writers and director of Jack Reacher films any credit, but they copy the fight scenes almost word for word and move for move. Think of the movie as Raising Arizona and Jason Statham mix. Patrick Swayze' s legacy has nothing to worry about!!
The Book of Clarence
Is absolutely horrible
Nelja Pienta Aikuista \ Four Little Adults
A movie from Finland about an open marriage and it's strange to watch, husband and wife basically discover that it's not boredom, but instead they have semi chaos that follows them no matter the partner.. Not great
La Sociedad de la Nieve
This story has been told lots of different ways, different formats, about 1972 rugby team that crashes in a glacier in the Andes, despite being a repeat it was good, I always enjoy huge panorama shots of snow covered mountains. Can't really be a spoiler alert because I know the ending so the movie was good

Reactions: movingtarget
After Schindler's List I thought Neeson would become a serious dramatic actor, never imagined he would become a Hollywood action star. His filmography is actually sort of all over the place, it's as if he's not very selective when it comes to choosing film roles? (At 71 though I can't fault the guy for grabbing roles while he still can.)
I liked the first two Taken movies but after that I got bored. How many times can you play an old guy who wants revenge ? One or two of the others were watchable at best. Harrison Ford has had the better and more varied career. Like you say, take the money and run while its being offered.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
I liked the first two Taken movies but after that I got bored. How many times can you play an old guy who wants revenge ? One or two of the others were watchable at best. Harrison Ford has had the better and more varied career. Like you say, take the money and run while its being offered.
Gene Hackman had a pretty varied career also with the occasional sports movie or even a comedy - loved him in The Birdcage.

Can't believe Hackman is 94. Wow!

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
We felt like there weren't many good movies lately, that is why we looked at some old movies to watch for the weekend. To our surprise, we really enjoyed watching “The Autopsy of Jane Doe”.

Brass Target (1978) a conspiracy thriller involving a plot to kill General Patton and a hunt for stolen Nazi Gold. Not bad, with an all star cast. nice performances from John Cassavetes and Max von Sydow. Patton officially died from complications from injuries suffered in a road accident before he was supposed to return to the USA at the end of the war and the missing gold was based on a true story and never recovered.

Last edited:
Road Games (1981) average thriller which should have been much better. Some nice visuals of the Australian outback and a good performance from Stacey Keach wasn't enough to save it. Thankless role for Jamie Lee Curtis who doesn't have much to do. Basically a well shot B movie that runs out of steam.