• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
👀 at Cosnefoy surprised to see only on 16 teams, he already has more points at this stage then two seasons ago when he scored over 1000.
He was in a tough spot with Carapaz, Hayter, Girmay and Higuita all in the same price range.

I could fit three of them in and Hayter/Cosnefroy ended up being cut for me.

I assume many were faced with the same problem.

Those 3 + no Albanese for me, and then also no Laurance in Limburg. That's that for my hopes this week...
Piccolo as well. After a promising start he's back to last year's trend of DNFs and constantly being withdrawn from startlists. Laurance probably had a better chance of points at Limburg, but it will be more interesting to see how goes at RVV, along with Tronchon, Turner, Capiot, Vliegen and Valgren.

Carapaz out of Itzulia now too, pfft.

Many races this week.

Dwars door Vlaanderen
HODEG Álvaro José
MOSCON Gianni
GIRMAY Biniam
MIHKELS Madis
TARLING Joshua
SHEFFIELD Magnus
TURNER Ben
CAPIOT Amaury
WRIGHT Fred
PICKRELL Riley
POLLEFLIET Gianluca

Paris - Camembert
-

Route Adélie de Vitré
WALLS Matthew

Gran Premio Miguel Indurain
CARAPAZ Richard
PICCOLO Andrea

RYAN Archie
LEEMREIZE Gijs
AYUSO Juan
CHRISTEN Jan

DEL TORO Isaac

Barely anyone listed here yet, so will hopefully be able to update as it gets closer.

Volta NXT Classic
BUSATTO Francesco
MIHKELS Madis

Ronde van Vlaanderen
GIRMAY Biniam
MOSCON Gianni
WRIGHT Fred
SHEFFIELD Magnus
TARLING Joshua
TURNER Ben
MORGADO António
HAGENES Per Strand

Collect the points guys!
Very good outcome, in the end. Will add up to some points! :)

Those 3 + no Albanese for me, and then also no Laurance in Limburg. That's that for my hopes this week...

Spying some more on your lineup, it seems you were giving up too early.

---

Nice of Bjerg to get me some decent points.

Here's my - subject for editing - lineup for next week. Those in bold are for the Big One next Sunday.

Amdi Pedersen
Andersen
Asgreen
Bendixen
Bévort
Bjerg
Blume Levy
Foldager
Jørgensen
Larsen
Nielsen
Norsgaard
Pedersen

Price-Pejtersen
Salby
Skjelmose
Søjberg
Wallin

Last edited:
Straight into more races!

Itzulia Basque Country
RYAN Archie
AYUSO Juan
DEL TORO Isaac
COLLEONI Kevin
LEEMREIZE Gijs

Région Pays de la Loire Tour
POLLEFLIET Gianluca
WALLS Matthew

Scheldeprijs
MOSCON Gianni
LAMPERTI Luke
MIHKELS Madis
HODEG Álvaro José
PICKRELL Riley

Paris - Roubaix
POLLEFLIET Gianluca
WRIGHT Fred
TARLING Joshua
TURNER Ben
GIRMAY Biniam
MIHKELS Madis
HAGENES Per Strand
MOSCON Gianni
MORGADO António
HODEG Álvaro José
PICKRELL Riley

Startlist missing a lot of names, so hopefully a couple of more could be added during the week.

Get the points team!

Last edited:
Chill out, he's already into a decent profit and should turn out to be a a really good pick if he keeps that up for the rest of the year.

Today he was just unlucky to be caught in the last 200 meters. But also kinda lucky that the race didn't explode earlier and he managed to come back when he was dropped, he wasn't even among top 20 guys at one point of the race. So his result is kinda in the middle of what could have been.

Though, I get the frustration. He wasn't that far away from scoring some 200 CQ points more in the recent week. And some 500 UCI points more for EF. I'm some kind of a hypocrite because I was just as disappointed as anyone. :p

Be honest now, who had Mozzato breaks even with a 2nd place at the Ronde on their CQ bingo card this season ? Good day for my team with Morgado, Sheffield and Sheehan finally delivering some points on the cobbles.

In addition, your expensive riders are mostly underperforming (again), yet despite all that you are somehow in the top-5 (again). Been meaning to ask this for a while, but what kind of sorcery are you employing?
I'd like to know too.

Just to touch on something mentioned by a few posters earlier this week which was a suggestion of a younger/older riders classification - the problem with that is that while everyone has 33 riders, selection isn't age limited so teams will have different amounts of riders of different ages.

EvansIsTheBest did pull together a ranking of best newcomer teams last year when they were filling in for me on the updates, but I have not yet done so this year (and failed to pick up on it last year, sorry EITB). I do have covid right now so I'm a lot less busy than usual for the next few days so I'll try to work on that, gotta do something with my time!
I've been busy lately but I'll try to compile the list of newcomers this week so we can revive the white jersey if people are interested.

Get well, skidmark.

Do you or @EvansIsTheBest know how many newcomers there have been each year?
I don't have the spreadsheet where I track that stuff with me currently but I want to say it has been around a dozen newcomers each year. I'll get back to you with the precise numbers once I've computed the list of newcomers for 2024.

Good result from Sheffield in the end, but he's so frustrating to follow! Completely out of position going into every pinch point, then advances a bunch of positions by always being among the strongest on the climbs. So it's a lot more energy spent than everybody else just to stay with the relevant groups over the top.

Reactions: repre