¡Adiós!

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 21, 2011
468
0
9,280
What a shame for Malori , for Movistar and for cycling . He was always a good rider and had so much more to give.

Saw his tweet yesterday and thought that the announcement was likely. He tried so hard but it was just not to be. All my very best wishes to him for a happy and healthy future.
 
Aug 6, 2015
4,139
0
0
mariposa said:
What a shame for Malori , for Movistar and for cycling . He was always a good rider and had so much more to give.

Saw his tweet yesterday and thought that the announcement was likely. He tried so hard but it was just not to be. All my very best wishes to him for a happy and healthy future.
I know that mallori had a very nasty crash but what were his injuries?
 
portugal11 said:
mariposa said:
What a shame for Malori , for Movistar and for cycling . He was always a good rider and had so much more to give.

Saw his tweet yesterday and thought that the announcement was likely. He tried so hard but it was just not to be. All my very best wishes to him for a happy and healthy future.
I know that mallori had a very nasty crash but what were his injuries?
Traumatic brain injury. He is lucky he is still alive.
 
Malori Announcement at the Tour (YouTube) [freely translated]:

"You wont be surprised at what I'm saying, but we all know what happened at San Luis in 2016, and I've spent the last two years fighting a battle against that day. At the end I've won that battle but not completely, and today my life as a professional cyclist ends. The goal I've had in my life is to do something special in the cycling world. If I can't do that as a cycling I'll do that another way."

"Today starts Adriano Malori 2.0. The last month I've been studying to be a DS, the Italian Federation and a couple of friends have been helping me a lot. And now we'll see how it goes."
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
From what I've heard he'll work with the Italian federation.
He was one of Nairo's trusted domestiques and a good guy, a bit limited, but world class in a flat ITT.
I still remember when I argued with Dekker_Tifosi about him and Dumoulin in 2015, I claimed that he was better that Dumoulin in a long, flat ITT.
 
Not a very ninja way to announce his retirement.

I appreciate that he dressed a black shirt to appear in front of a black background, but it could have been better if he only released a statement on the dark web.


Zubeldia will be missed (for those who will remember that he retired), but we have another legend in the making with Louis Meintjes, who is going for the third GT top-10 without anyone noticing him.

Btw, another Euskaltel legend who is going away. With Samu retiring at the end of the year, the only ones left are Anton (who is not certain to continue also) and Nieve. Sadly, Landani came to proeminence only after leaving the carrots.
 
Re:

Ricco' said:
Not a very ninja way to announce his retirement.

I appreciate that he dressed a black shirt to appear in front of a black background, but it could have been better if he only released a statement on the dark web.


Zubeldia will be missed (for those who will remember that he retired), but we have another legend in the making with Louis Meintjes, who is going for the third GT top-10 without anyone noticing him.

Btw, another Euskaltel legend who is going away. With Samu retiring at the end of the year, the only ones left are Anton (who is not certain to continue also) and Nieve. Sadly, Landani came to proeminence only after leaving the carrots.

why will anton not continue?
 
Apr 4, 2011
56
0
0
Re: Re:

Frankschleck said:
Ricco' said:
Not a very ninja way to announce his retirement.

I appreciate that he dressed a black shirt to appear in front of a black background, but it could have been better if he only released a statement on the dark web.


Zubeldia will be missed (for those who will remember that he retired), but we have another legend in the making with Louis Meintjes, who is going for the third GT top-10 without anyone noticing him.

Btw, another Euskaltel legend who is going away. With Samu retiring at the end of the year, the only ones left are Anton (who is not certain to continue also) and Nieve. Sadly, Landani came to proeminence only after leaving the carrots.

why will anton not continue?
Another carrot that retired this year ...Amets Txurruka
 
Re: Re:

Frankschleck said:
Ricco' said:
Not a very ninja way to announce his retirement.

I appreciate that he dressed a black shirt to appear in front of a black background, but it could have been better if he only released a statement on the dark web.


Zubeldia will be missed (for those who will remember that he retired), but we have another legend in the making with Louis Meintjes, who is going for the third GT top-10 without anyone noticing him.

Btw, another Euskaltel legend who is going away. With Samu retiring at the end of the year, the only ones left are Anton (who is not certain to continue also) and Nieve. Sadly, Landani came to proeminence only after leaving the carrots.

why will anton not continue?
Well, if he doesn't stay with Dimension Data I don't see many doors on the WT opening up for him and he said multiple times that in the absence of a WT ride, the retirement is a possibility. In the end of 2015 he considered that, before signing with DD.
 
Re: Re:

Ricco' said:
Frankschleck said:
Ricco' said:
Not a very ninja way to announce his retirement.

I appreciate that he dressed a black shirt to appear in front of a black background, but it could have been better if he only released a statement on the dark web.


Zubeldia will be missed (for those who will remember that he retired), but we have another legend in the making with Louis Meintjes, who is going for the third GT top-10 without anyone noticing him.

Btw, another Euskaltel legend who is going away. With Samu retiring at the end of the year, the only ones left are Anton (who is not certain to continue also) and Nieve. Sadly, Landani came to proeminence only after leaving the carrots.

why will anton not continue?
Well, if he doesn't stay with Dimension Data I don't see many doors on the WT opening up for him and he said multiple times that in the absence of a WT ride, the retirement is a possibility. In the end of 2015 he considered that, before signing with DD.
WGG looking for a mentor/help for martin in the mountains, bet you Hilaire would be interested
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS