• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100's of riders will support Lance

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
According to Mr Brian Daly

"To the extent that any riders are suggesting that Lance Armstrong violated cycling rules or doped, they are either mistaken or not telling the truth. Lance has ridden with hundreds of riders over the years who will support his position, and over all that time he has never failed even a single test."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-0806-armstrong-lance--20100805,0,6800793.story

Gotta admit I agree with Mr Daly.

Lance could line up a GREAT list of character witnesses...

Eddy, Big Mig, Jan, Wiggans, Basso, maybe even a recent Simeoni lol.
I think even Alberto would stick up for Lance.
Schlecks and Cadel too.
And that is just scratching the suface cycling wise.

Imagine the character witnesses from around the world.
Clinton. Bono. Gupta. Holey moley so many other. Hundreds. Thousands.

Won't be long until some major backlash to this witch hunt starts to show.
And it is only August lol. Plenty of time to PEAK.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Sorry Polish, rats flee a sinking ship, they surely don't jump on board.

Yes, you are right. Rats do jump off sinking ships.
Rats also do many other unsavory things.

But I am not talking about rats.
Mr Daly is not talking about rats.

Talking about creme de la creme, not rats.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You would certainly imagine that a former American president that survived impreachment purely on partisan political grounds would be great support as a character witness......

the problem with bringing up supporters as character support (and thats ALL they can do for you since they weren't actual witnesses) is that their character becomes an issue. take Robin for instance - great guy but former drug addict...

its not all black and white

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Millions eh

There are millions of people who never saw Lance dope. there are thousands of cyclists who never say Lance dope. If they want to base their defense on that, good luck.

The logic behind that defense is so weak. Character witnesses usually only help get your sentence reduced.

"Mister Judge, I know thosands of people who didn't see me pull that trigger. You only have the statement from the five other people who say me pull the trigger on that gun. So I must be innocent, more people never saw me pull the trigger."

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
tofino said:
The logic behind that defense is so weak. Character witnesses usually only help get your sentence reduced.

Be careful Grasshopper. As Sun Tzu once say.."Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak"

We've seen time and time again that, when the chips are down, pro cycling will look after its own self-interest and that is no longer Armstrong.

Making a conspicuous public show of support for a has-been who's fighting the tide is just not good business.

I think it'll be omerta in the opposite direction. A blind eye on doping could just as easily turn away from anyone looking sick around the perimeter of the circle.

If he's got nothing to hide, he'll survive and America will be that bit less un-American for it.

A

Anonymous

Tim_sleepless said:
Be careful Grasshopper. As Sun Tzu once say.."Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak"

...sniffing chamois cream causes dementia. Here is the link: Dangers of Chamois Cream Sniffing

You fanboys are harkening back and believing that Lance is doing one of his pained look fake-outs and is going to drop the field again...he obviously loves to try live on past glories, so do his fans.

Parrot23 said:
Bart Simpson....

:D

Jessica Simpson?

I mean she is blonde, and she's obviously a patriot :eek:

jessica-simpson-on-gq-cover.jpg

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
You would certainly imagine that a former American president that survived impreachment purely on partisan political grounds would be great support as a character witness......

the problem with bringing up supporters as character support (and thats ALL they can do for you since they weren't actual witnesses) is that their character becomes an issue. take Robin for instance - great guy but former drug addict...

its not all black and white

He was impeached purely on partisan grounds, by people like Newt Gingrich.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
According to Mr Brian Daly

"To the extent that any riders are suggesting that Lance Armstrong violated cycling rules or doped, they are either mistaken or not telling the truth. Lance has ridden with hundreds of riders over the years who will support his position, and over all that time he has never failed even a single test."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-0806-armstrong-lance--20100805,0,6800793.story

Gotta admit I agree with Mr Daly.

Lance could line up a GREAT list of character witnesses...

Eddy, Big Mig, Jan, Wiggans, Basso, maybe even a recent Simeoni lol.
I think even Alberto would stick up for Lance.
Schlecks and Cadel too.
And that is just scratching the suface cycling wise.

Imagine the character witnesses from around the world.
Clinton. Bono. Gupta. Holey moley so many other. Hundreds. Thousands.

Won't be long until some major backlash to this witch hunt starts to show.
And it is only August lol. Plenty of time to PEAK.

What do they have to do with determining if LA doped during his 7 year reign? NOTHING. Only LanceFanBoys would think that your claim would be relevant. A thinking person would understand that overcoming cancer and raising millions of funds against cancer and doping are not mutually exclusive. The fact is, if it becomes indisputable that a rider can pass the tests with the correct doping protocols, the words of the cyclists and celebrities will be meaningless.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Ha, ha!

I wouldn't mind that kind of support (as long as she doesn't sing a duet with the Hog's wife at trial).

Gettin' "support envy" :D

MacRoadie said:
Jessica Simpson?

I mean she is blonde, and she's obviously a patriot :eek:

jessica-simpson-on-gq-cover.jpg

Wow, Polish... Must say - I've started to a higher and higher degree sniffing out your posts whenever I'm suffering from an acute giggle deficiency. This one, though, really takes the cake. So basically because some celebrities like to be seen around, hang out and rub elbows with other celebrities - we can safely assume that this celebrity would not have done what many others in metier did? And don't get started about the "hundreds of riders" who also are reluctant to admit their past...

Disclosure: I have never personally witnessed Lance Armstrong, or any other professional bike rider of that name, take PEDs by any means. I have also never witnessed anybody, living or dead, at any point in time witnessing the abovementioned person performing the abovementioned action. I can also confirm I hate cancer. I am happy to testify this to the courts at any venue as might be deemed necessary.

TRENDING THREADS