• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Ronde Van Vlaanderen - April 3rd, 2016 - 255.9k

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The new King of Flanders will come from what team?

• Another team

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Etixx

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Lotto Soudal

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Trek

Votes: 45 32.1%
  • Sky

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Tinkoff

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • LottoNL

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • BMC

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Katusha

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Astana

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
Women's racing is nice. What pisses me off are the fanboy/girls that just can't understand how archaic women's cycling is compared with the men's. They are still in the 60s, as far as strategy/racing/specialization go.

Well, since they aren't paid very much, maybe they just aren't doing as many things that . . . belong in the Clinic . . . .

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Interesting comment from Kristoff's coach after watching the womens sprint - strong wind from the right before the finish, going to the right may have been a bad choice by Emma.

Re:

togo95 said:
I must say this section after last Paterberg and the finish line really takes away much of the charm of this race.

The final run-in to some road on the outskirts on Oudenaarde is horrible. Boring and ugly to look at, usually a headwind. One of the worst in cycling.

They should route it south of the river and finish in the town instead.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Maxiton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Women's racing is nice. What pisses me off are the fanboy/girls that just can't understand how archaic women's cycling is compared with the men's. They are still in the 60s, as far as strategy/racing/specialization go.

Well, since they aren't paid very much, maybe they just aren't doing as many things that . . . belong in the Clinic . . . .
No. Generally they are just inferior athletes, as of right now. It's a less mature version of the sport.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:

hope they will never get to 90s or 00s

May 26, 2015
Visit site

doperhopper said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

hope they will never get to 90s or 00s
If they don't they will always be seen as a weaker version of the sport, as they are now.

pedromiguelmartins said:
Maxiton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

No. Generally they are just inferior athletes, as of right now. It's a less mature version of the sport.
And maybe people want to support it so that it can grow to the point where, much like other similar race format sports like skiing, biathlon, athletics and swimming, the women's competitions are on a much more level footing than they are with cycling?

luckyboy said:
togo95 said:
I must say this section after last Paterberg and the finish line really takes away much of the charm of this race.

The final run-in to some road on the outskirts on Oudenaarde is horrible. Boring and ugly to look at, usually a headwind. One of the worst in cycling.

They should route it south of the river and finish in the town instead.
Or maybe route is further east and finish in Meerbeke ;)

pedromiguelmartins said:
Maxiton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

Yes. So?

In all physical sports women will be inferior. Doesn't mean it ain't entertaining.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Maxiton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

And maybe people want to support it so that it can grow to the point where, much like other similar race format sports like skiing, biathlon, athletics and swimming, the women's competitions are on a much more level footing than they are with cycling?
Exactly. And that's why women's cycling must evolve. As it is there's no comparison at all.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Kwibus said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Maxiton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

Yes. So?

In all physical sports women will be inferior. Doesn't mean it ain't entertaining.

But it isn't entertaining. They are inferior at athletes (not their fault) but the sport itself is almost amateur.

TRENDING THREADS