• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Ronde Van Vlaanderen - April 3rd, 2016 - 255.9k

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The new King of Flanders will come from what team?

• Another team

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Etixx

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Lotto Soudal

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Trek

Votes: 45 32.1%
  • Sky

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Tinkoff

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • LottoNL

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • BMC

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Katusha

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Astana

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Could we please keep women's racing discussion to the women's racing discussion thread?

Thanks.
Apologies, I was treating this as the Ronde van Vlaanderen thread in general, but I've noticed above the thread details include the stuff that only applies to the men's (100th, 256km). I had been writing about it on the women's racing discussion thread, only to find that it was being talked about more in here :p

Re: Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
TMP402 said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
It's my understanding that Stijn would lose a sprint against Pozzovivo. Why send him in a break, then?

Why send any non-sprinter in a break?
Between being a sprinter and a potato in a sprint there's 99% of the peloton. Stijin is useless unless alone.

It's not unrealistic he finishes alone if they don't chase him or give him too much space. Not going to happen, but they know they can't give him too much space.

He did finish 4th 2 years ago.

Re:

Ricco' said:
Pippo is looking sharp...

12748281_1546858502291487_336986256_n.jpg

Thanks.

Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
TMP402 said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
It's my understanding that Stijn would lose a sprint against Pozzovivo. Why send him in a break, then?

Why send any non-sprinter in a break?
Between being a sprinter and a potato in a sprint there's 99% of the peloton. Stijin is useless unless alone.

It's not unrealistic he finishes alone if they don't chase him or give him too much space. Not going to happen, but they know they can't give him too much space.

He did finish 4th 2 years ago.
But that4th place was rather an indicator of bad Etixx tactics because exactly the situation described above happened. They sent him into a break and let the other riders chase, but when Stijn was caught and the other QuickStep riders were behind they suddenly had to chase again because they only had a more or less useless rider in the leading group.

TRENDING THREADS