• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Ronde Van Vlaanderen - April 3rd, 2016 - 255.9k

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The new King of Flanders will come from what team?

• Another team

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Etixx

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Lotto Soudal

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Trek

Votes: 45 32.1%
  • Sky

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Tinkoff

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • LottoNL

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • BMC

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Katusha

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Astana

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Sagan's most impressive ride by far. He is so uber talented. I will always fail to understand people disliking this guy, he truly is a gift for our sport. TRUE RACER.

The dislike is based on his personality, not his undoubted talent.

BigMac said:
I prefer to think Vanmarcke did a class act in the end instead of being actually spent, justifying his lack of cooperation. Don't work but don't steal either, not to mention it being Cance's farewell and all. Chapeau.

Vanmarcke clearly was spent but he clearly sat up and let Cancellara cross the line in his final Flanders, it was a real class act from Sep

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
rm7 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Sagan's most impressive ride by far. He is so uber talented. I will always fail to understand people disliking this guy, he truly is a gift for our sport. TRUE RACER.

Who the hell can dislike Sagan?
Me.

In a sense I prefer other riders to win. No hate towards him as a person.

I doesn't count that as "dislike", but just favouring other riders. That's fair enough!

Gigs_98 said:
By the way, this race showed absolutely perfectly why Kwiat should never have been considered as a favorite. He was in an elite group together with Sagan and Vanmarcke but on the Kwaremont he had absolutely no chance.

Yep, some poster said that as well in E3 he was struggling on Kwaremont, but today he completely bonked. Respect for trying tho.

Gigs_98 said:
By the way, this race showed absolutely perfectly why Kwiat should never have been considered as a favorite. He was in an elite group together with Sagan and Vanmarcke but on the Kwaremont he had absolutely no chance.

Yeah he got shaken to bits on the Kwaremont which was always going to happen, this race was always going to be to hard for him

Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
I just have to say this: Kwiat is a great racer. However, Sky always has 4 to 5 guys discussing these races, but it's always the same outcome. Remember who was chasing boonen at PR in 2012?

they should all work for Kwiat in every classic.

Kwiato completely collapsed on the Kwaremont and finished way down (probably outside the top 20). It reminded me of the famous Boasson Hagen fails in monuments for Sky in the past. Sky's tactical mistake was not sending someone up the road when Vandenbergh and Van Baarle went away. Probably wouldn't have mattered in the end though as they wouldn't have had someone strong enough behind to mark the attacks in the final.

meat puppet said:
rm7 said:
Valv.Piti said:

Who the hell can dislike Sagan?
I can. Gropegate.

Rode well today, though.

Juvenile action and wrong, but he went apologized for it and learned from it.

It's a showman with a good heart. I don't have much affinity with wheelies and crazy stuff, but his racing style is great and he has his heart at the right place.

Re:

rm7 said:
Also respect for Vanmarcke to let Fabian have his own moment at the end.

I don't think it was anything like that though it might get spun that way. Sep was done. He had zero chance of beating Canc in the sprint. The guy was clearly cooked. First acceleration in the finishing straight and that was it.

StryderHells said:
BigMac said:
I prefer to think Vanmarcke did a class act in the end instead of being actually spent, justifying his lack of cooperation. Don't work but don't steal either, not to mention it being Cance's farewell and all. Chapeau.

Vanmarcke clearly was spent but he clearly sat up and let Cancellara cross the line in his final Flanders, it was a real class act from Sep

Or he wants to replace Canc at Trek.

JRanton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
I just have to say this: Kwiat is a great racer. However, Sky always has 4 to 5 guys discussing these races, but it's always the same outcome. Remember who was chasing boonen at PR in 2012?

Kwiato completely collapsed on the Kwaremont and finished way down (probably outside the top 20). It reminded me of the famous Boasson Hagen fails in monuments for Sky in the past. Sky's tactical mistake was not sending someone up the road when Vandenbergh and Van Baarle went away. Probably wouldn't have mattered in the end though as they wouldn't have had someone strong enough behind to mark the attacks in the final.

They did send Stannard up the road but the attack just didn't stick, so they did attampt to do something

Valv.Piti said:
Gigs_98 said:

Yep, some poster said that as well in E3 he was struggling on Kwaremont, but today he completely bonked. Respect for trying tho.
Think he should probably have saved his strength for the Kwaremont - doing too much work before hand cost him. Sky should have sent Thomas in the attack instead; he was never going to win here with his lack of a sprint.

StryderHells said:
JRanton said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

They did send Stannard up the road but the attack just didn't stick, so they did attampt to do something

Yes, but it was too late because Stannard couldn't bridge the gap to the front group on his own.

TRENDING THREADS