• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Volta Ciclista a Catalunya(2.UWT) - 22nd March - 28th March

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow so happy for Chaves.

ExVk8rlXIAIzuUS

Gotta get back to work, but I really do think that was a well-deserved win and Ineos played it right.
Imagine putting your team to work the hole day and not even trying to win the stage smh.

Assume a bit of sarcasm here?

I defended Roglic in PN -- but this seemed to be a slightly different situation, if Ineos did indeed let off the gas, in which you had a former top flight rider whom everybody respected and fought back from oblivion, basically. Can't put my finger on it exactly why I'm OK with this, tho, and if someone sincerely believed that Thomas or Yates or anyone else in the top group should have attacked Chaves if they could, I'm OK with that, too.

Gotta get back to work, but I really do think that was a well-deserved win and Ineos played it right.

Assume a bit of sarcasm here?

I defended Roglic in PN -- but this seemed to be a slightly different situation, if Ineos did indeed let off the gas, in which you had a former top flight rider whom everybody respected and fought back from oblivion, basically. Can't put my finger on it exactly why I'm OK with this, tho, and if someone sincerely believed that Thomas or Yates or anyone else in the top group should have attacked Chaves if they could, I'm OK with that, too.
Yeah I'm sarcastic.

Ineos was clearly riding to sweep the podium rather than for the stage win, drawing any actual parallels to Roglic winning on Colbiane makes me cringe.

I think Ineos ist just so strong in this race, even if Yates should have a Roglic day they would still have Porte and Thomas up there... they really don't need any bonus seconds.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS