• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Volta Ciclista a Catalunya(2.UWT) - 22nd March - 28th March

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can someone explain the Chris Harper meme, please?

During the UAE Tour Kirby and Smith, aided by the screen graphics, misidentified Jonas Vingegaard as Chris Harper and only realized his true identity after the staged had finished. We found it funny, and then it has just continued to evolve from that point on.

Watching the end of today's stage it actually looks like Kruijswijk forgot it was the real Harper and not the faster Dane, who was in the group with him, and tried to work for him at one point, before realizing he wasn't even in the group anymore.

I have a better explanation:

Chris Harper is everywhere. He is all around us. Even now, in your room. You can see him when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel him when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.

Big Harper, the ruler of Oceania, is watching you!

During the UAE Tour Kirby and Smith, aided by the screen graphics, misidentified Jonas Vingegaard as Chris Harper and only realized his true identity after the staged had finished. We found it funny, and then it has just continued to evolve from that point on.

Watching the end of today's stage it actually looks like Kruijswijk forgot it was the real Harper and not the faster Dane, who was in the group with him, and tried to work for him at one point, before realizing he wasn't even in the group anymore.
The Harper thing has become so big because he was the winner of the stage...I mean, Vingegaard was. After the camera showed him up close after the finish line, Kirby mentioned he was riding Vingegaard's bike at first, before realising it's indeed Harpe...I mean, Vingegaard.

After that, Harper became every Jumbo Visma rider, then he became every rider in the peloton. Now he is The Ruler of Oceania, like Samu said. It's spreading faster than Covid, it's getting out of control.

On a more serious note. I don't think Kruijswijk was riding for Harper. He just wanted to keep a high pace on a climb. Actually I think he did pretty well today, with a couple of attacks both on the climb and on the false flat/descent towards the finish. Certainly better than in the previous two stages. Can't wait for his third week performance!

Yes Ineos are super strong ...but its like they are all at 8/10

Roglic is 9/10

Pogacar is 10/10

Expect Ineos to take places 3- 6 at the Tour
And they are somehow still boring

And please no one post on here that Evenepol would beat them all in every race ...its so ......sigh
Ineos has to ride at the tour like the Wolfpack yesterday in Harelbeke. That´s their only chance to beat Pogacar and Roglic.

TRENDING THREADS