• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Volta Ciclista a Catalunya(2.UWT) - 22nd March - 28th March

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I really love watching Yates - either one - climb. Ineos could take top 3 spots. Thomas riding with intent this year, love to see that.

Kudos to Valverde and Chaves.

Boo to Kuss. He should have been able to stick with Yates.

Apart from thumping very good riders in the Dauphine once and I suppose Loze, this is actually circa where Kuss can be expected in that field.

Or put it differently, I still think he is 1 tier down from Yates as climber.

Bala nicely preparing his 41st birthday, Chaves dropping riders like it's 2016, Crushweak became a better TTer than climber, not steep enough for Steep Kuss, Quintana is not the naironman he used to be and Yates Adam rides for Sky so obviously he is better than before and all the rest.
To me Quintana is fine for a rider with double surgery and no training during winter!

My understanding is Chaves is no certainty to ride a GT in 2021 - He will be having a crack at the Ardennes and the Italian Fall races - He may end up riding the Giro, seeing that Zeits was injured in Coppi Bartali and will miss two months, and therefore the Giro - I must stress that Chaves will not ride for GC at any GT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
My understanding is Chaves is no certainty to ride a GT in 2021 - He will be having a crack at the Ardennes and the Italian Fall races - He may end up riding the Giro, seeing that Zeits was injured in Coppi Bartali and will two months, and therefore the Giro - I must stress that Chaves will not ride for GC at any GT.
You said this twice in this forum. Do you have a source of this?
Chaves keeps saying different things!

Reactions: Sandisfan
NEW RECORD!!!!!

Subiendo como una moto

www.climbing-records.com

Vallter 2000
2021:12,1 km@7,3%---32:08---average speed 22.59 km/h(Adam Yates)-RECORD
2019:12,1 km@7,3%---33:10---average speed 21.89 km/h(A.Yates-Bernal-D.Martin-Quintana)
2014:12,1 km@7,3%---35:25---average speed 20.50 km/h(Van Garderen-Bardet) (Source: Strava)
2013:12,1 km@7,3%---34:19---average speed 21.16 km/h(Nairo Quintana)

All these records will be called the Covid-19 times from now on!!!

TRENDING THREADS