• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

114th Paris-Roubaix - UCI World Tour (10/4-2016)

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

spalco said:
What's the deal with the Erviti support here, I don't even know the guy?
It's because no one has expected him to be this good. In Flanders he was top 10 after having been in the long break. Today he will be top 10 after having been in the early break. No one saw this coming, so we love it. He's in his 30s now and just found out he can ride on cobbles. It's insane.

Re: Re:

Akuryo said:
red_flanders said:
Brullnux said:
Sagan is actually slowly but surely reining in the gap

An hour left. Still holding on to vain hope...

Even if he gets there, do you actually beelive he would have anything left to offer against an attack of Boonen or Vanmarcke at that point?

Nope, not really, and him getting back assumes no one in front attacks.

jsem94 said:
spalco said:
It's because no one has expected him to be this good. In Flanders he was top 10 after having been in the long break. Today he will be top 10 after having been in the early break. No one saw this coming, so we love it. He's in his 30s now and just found out he can ride on cobbles. It's insane.

Doesn't he have the second most RVV/P-R starts in the peloton?

red_flanders said:
spalco said:

Have the same reaction, wild support here at Flanders as well.
Combo reaction:
1) selfless career domestique having great races and getting time to shine unexpectedly
2) complete underdog, usually Movistar in these races are just making numbers up with an odds-and-sods lineup since the big guns are usually at País Vasco.

TRENDING THREADS