• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

114th Paris-Roubaix - UCI World Tour (10/4-2016)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

trevim said:
DFA123 said:
trevim said:
What happened with Vanmarcke? This was a big chance for him....
He got dropped before the Arenberg. I would guess another mechanical. That would explain why nearly all his team also dropped from the Boonen group.
Not again :(
Just a guess, but I can't see why else he would have been dropped on non-cobbled roads, with so many team-mates and given how strongly he is riding to chase back on.

I honestly think Stannard is the favourite from here. Boonen and Panzerwagon are working hard, and Stannard has been resting this whole time in that main group. Vanmarcke's been working, Canc has worked, Sagan has worked, Oss has worked. In fact, the other main contender who hasn't worked is in fact Rowe, also from Sky.

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
I honestly think Stannard is the favourite from here. Boonen and Panzerwagon are working hard, and Stannard has been resting this whole time in that main group. Vanmarcke's been working, Canc has worked, Sagan has worked, Oss has worked. In fact, the other main contender who hasn't worked is in fact Rowe, also from Sky.

Boonen hasn't worked, he's been sitting on Martin's wheel.
You're also forgetting Stybar and Terpstra

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Doubt it. This will be won in a sprint I think

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
And Terpstra. He's in a great position here. When it all comes back together, he'll be fresher than anyone having just sat in the peloton following Canc and Sagan.

TRENDING THREADS