• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

13th BinckBank Tour (2.UWT) 7.8 - 13.8

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I hope Boom doesn't win. It would mess up his linear progression. :p

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Boom is really becoming the example of a rider with 'linear progression'

2012 Rabobank PRT 30 769
2011 Rabobank PRT 70 609
2010 Rabobank PRT 104 463
2009 Rabobank PRT 154 371
2008 Rabobank CT CONT 254 265
2007 Rabobank CT CONT 220 292
2006 Rabobank CT CONT 372 177
2005 Rabobank CT CONT 464 142
2004 Rabobank TT3 TT3 1221 16

graphRiderHistory.asp

Re:

Keram said:
So who are the relevant GC guys here?
Dumoulin
Boom +5
Lampaert +7
Sagan +10
Wellens +12
Terpstra +20
Gilbert +21
GVA +23
Keukeleire +27
Stuyven +28
Sep +28
Bakelants +34
Naessen +37

Am I missing somebody?
The Ardennes-like stage is usually more selective than any cobbled stages in this race so I think it might prove to be too hard for some of the mentioned guys as you mentioned plenty of riders who are strong on cobbles but not really on tarmac hills.

Meh

Looks like Sagan will easily win this race. The ardennes stages are not hard enough to drop him and he will most likely win the sprint as well. And the cobbled stage is ofcourse perfect for him.

They should have made the ardennes harder or the time trial longer to make it exciting. Now it'll be an easy win for Sagan

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Meh

Looks like Sagan will easily win this race. The ardennes stages are not hard enough to drop him and he will most likely win the sprint as well. And the cobbled stage is ofcourse perfect for him.

They should have made the ardennes harder or the time trial longer to make it exciting. Now it'll be an easy win for Sagan
It´s not the race´s fault that Sagan is too good. And anything could still happen. Sagan can also have a bad day.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
The Ardennes and cobbled stages are always too easy to get diversity in the GC. Same with the ITT length. And they should do this race with 6 man teams max.

The Ardennes stage has often decided the GC of this race, so I don't know what you're talking about. Sagan won't get this race on a silver platter. His climbing is worse now than a couple of years ago.

Compared to 2 years ago, this year's stage misses Spitzberg. It's comparable.
The three main climbs remain: Ferme-Libert, Bois des Moines and Saint-Roch. So yeah I agree. The difference is slight. I don't understand the bashing about the route.

Echoes said:
Compared to 2 years ago, this year's stage misses Spitzberg. It's comparable.
The three main climbs remain: Ferme-Libert, Bois des Moines and Saint-Roch. So yeah I agree. The difference is slight. I don't understand the bashing about the route.
Are you dense?!

Take a look at the number of times the climbs are tackled...

What exactly top sprinters doing here? I am really disappointed with top sprinters here. There should be way better sprint field here than Poland and yet we did not see a proper big names battle. Especially Greipel is really atrocious. Hoping for proper sprint tommorow and proper gc battle at weekend. No need of bonus sec for Sags tommorow. He has enough already.

Re:

Keram said:
What exactly top sprinters doing here? I am really disappointed with top sprinters here. There should be way better sprint field here than Poland and yet we did not see a proper big names battle. Especially Greipel is really atrocious. Hoping for proper sprint tommorow and proper gc battle at weekend. No need of bonus sec for Sags tommorow. He has enough already.
Yeah, there's a top sprint field here - Kittel, Greipel, Sagan, Viviani, Groenewegen, Démare...and only Sagan has even made the podium in the 2 sprints so far. What has happened to the Gorilla? He just seems to be off his game these days.

Re: Re:

jaylew said:
Yeah, there's a top sprint field here - Kittel, Greipel, Sagan, Viviani, Groenewegen, Démare...and only Sagan has even made the podium in the 2 sprints so far. What has happened to the Gorilla? He just seems to be off his game these days.
Just like Kittel here, his positioning has been terrible. Difference being that Greipel actually has a team to help him out, but he continues to lose their wheels and ends up starting the sprint way back. He lost his mojo.