13th Tour Down Under 2011, (809 kms) WT Jan 16-23

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
How to follow the tdu in 2011

How to follow the tdu in 2011

-ABC Adelaide will have a radio broadcast of th tdu everyday from 12:30 to 1:30 (melbourne time). Updates of race throughout the day also on ABC Grandstand digital channel.

-You can also get live race commentary with Amber halliday on Ch Fiveaa 1395. You can only access this through the net unless you live in adelaide.

-I assume Cyclingnews will also be doing updates through a live ticker

-@SantosTDU_Live twitter feed will be producing updates of race situation throughout the day.

- SBS will be showing highlights of every stage at 6pm (melbourne time). Also live will be the cancer council classic criterium, stage 5 and stage 6. Will confirm coverage start times on Wednesday. Those stages will also be streamed on the cycling central site
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
How to follow the tdu in 2011

-ABC Adelaide will have a radio broadcast of th tdu everyday from 12:30 to 1:30 (melbourne time). Updates of race throughout the day also on ABC Grandstand digital channel.

-You can also get live race commentary with Amber halliday on Ch Fiveaa 1395. You can only access this through the net unless you live in adelaide.

-I assume Cyclingnews will also be doing updates through a live ticker

-@SantosTDU_Live twitter feed will be producing updates of race situation throughout the day.

- SBS will be showing highlights of every stage at 6pm (melbourne time). Also live will be the cancer council classic criterium, stage 5 and stage 6. Will confirm coverage start times on Wednesday.
Does Mrs. Halliday have a lively imagination? I hope she does, otherwise her poor listeners will have to do with "nothing's happening. Nothing's happening. We'll be back after the break. ... Nothing's happening. Wait, I think I see something... oh no I don't. Nothing's happening. Sprint. Cav wins."
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
theyoungest said:
Does Mrs. Halliday have a lively imagination? I hope she does, otherwise her poor listeners will have to do with "nothing's happening. Nothing's happening. We'll be back after the break. ... Nothing's happening. Wait, I think I see something... oh no I don't. Nothing's happening. Sprint. Cav wins."
Mrs Halliday is a pro cyclist! Ever heard of Amber halliday? Anyway, she did it last year and she wasn't too bad. It will be like most of the sprint stages of the tdu. She doesn't have the images for her listeners obviously so that will be tougher for her.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
I really hope Grepiel can get a stage win or two myself. Plus he really needs it too, I think he is the sprinter here with the most to prove.
 
Apr 28, 2010
1,588
0
0
TeamSkyFans said:
we have bought a new mic so tsf can overdub the commentary videos..
Ready for your commentary debut? How are you going to do it? Repeat what P'n'P say but exclude all sycophantic comments (except for the Sky riders ;) ), or have a go at doing it properly?
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
Mrs Halliday is a pro cyclist! Ever heard of Amber halliday? Anyway, she did it last year and she wasn't too bad. It will be like most of the sprint stages of the tdu. She doesn't have the images for her listeners obviously so that will be tougher for her.
I have heard of her, yes. But what does that have to do with my post?
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
craig1985 said:
I really hope Grepiel can get a stage win or two myself. Plus he really needs it too, I think he is the sprinter here with the most to prove.
+1

Other than kristoff, I will be barracking for Greipel.
euanli said:
I don't actually expect Cav to win all the sprints. He might get one.
+1 He still will want to beat Andre and tyler + the others. People might say this event will be boring but I think the sprints should be really exciting with all the best racing except Ale Jet.

Goss is my tip for overall.

theyoungest said:
I have heard of her, yes. But what does that have to do with my post?
Well Amber is a pro cyclist so she should be able to provide some better commentary to liven things a bit.
 
Apr 28, 2010
1,588
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
+1


Goss is my tip for overall.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cav et al work for Goss*. He was my pick for the Nationals and is clearly in good form. I think he's in for a big season, will do well in the early classics (possible MSR depending on Cav's form), and wouldn't be surprised if he wins Paris-Tours. Could well have a Boonen-esque season.

* but also because I can't see the point in Cav taking on Greipel, he's got bigger fish to fry later this year than get caught up in a silly early-season pi55ing contest that could affect his form building.
 
May 20, 2010
877
0
0
I think it would be worth working for Goss or Renshaw, I also think Cav would want to work for them as well and maybe only contest one sprint.

That said, I imagine it would be worth HTC letting Garmin and Lotto off the leash a bit and see what they come up with
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
euanli said:
I think it would be worth working for Goss or Renshaw, I also think Cav would want to work for them as well and maybe only contest one sprint.

That said, I imagine it would be worth HTC letting Garmin and Lotto off the leash a bit and see what they come up with
Cav has said he wants to win a stage. Renshaw said he will be working for him here.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Roland Rat said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Cav et al work for Goss*. He was my pick for the Nationals and is clearly in good form. I think he's in for a big season, will do well in the early classics (possible MSR depending on Cav's form), and wouldn't be surprised if he wins Paris-Tours. Could well have a Boonen-esque season.

* but also because I can't see the point in Cav taking on Greipel, he's got bigger fish to fry later this year than get caught up in a silly early-season pi55ing contest that could affect his form building.
When I read that Cav would be doing the TDU, I automatically assumed it would be to gain some much needed UCI points, to get himself a decent sized squad in the Worlds. Maybe Goss and Cav can share the spoils?
 
Roland Rat said:
* but also because I can't see the point in Cav taking on Greipel, he's got bigger fish to fry later this year than get caught up in a silly early-season pi55ing contest that could affect his form building.
The point in Cav racing TDU for wins is that he only had 2 helpers in Geelong worlds. Copenhagen course is his best chance at winning one. Hes hoping to get a lot of points in the bag (and hoping SKy do to, but from last year, he cant trust them) in order to have minimum 5 helpers in Copenhagen come October.
 
jens_attacks said:
are bets available for tour down under?and yes,where?
Give it a few days... all the big sites will have bets (bet365 usually get odds up first).

Personally I can't see a sprinter other than Cavendish or Goss (erm, maybe Davis?) taking the overall. Of course it could go to anyone else if the break on Willunga gets to the line with a 20s lead.

Greipel (and probably not Cavendish) cannot contend the sprints on the Stirling and Willunga stages, but Cavendish should be able to get the better of him on average over the 4 guaranteed bunch sprints.
 
Dec 17, 2009
28
0
0
Cav will be hard to beat as his team looks to be very strong - Eisel, Grabsch, Goss, Renshaw and Roulston but I have no idea on his form. Alot depends on how much time Cav loses in Willunga. Davis is a chance if he can get some time there or at Stirling. He is one of the better climbers of the sprinters and at 7/1, not a bad bet. Gerrans has form and is my smokey. Bobridge will go for a stage win, probably at Willunga again.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,645
2
0
I cast doubt over cav's form, at least with griepel we know he is decent come janurary.

But it was a good point that someone made the other day, regarding cav and his intentions to get more points for team GBR and the worlds, so maybe he will be good.
 
I'm wondering if maybe the fact that so many quality sprinters are in the field might even open up the GC a bit. Last year, Griepel won by 11 seconds over LL Sanchez, but had something like 12 bonus seconds over him by virtue of winning 3 stages vs Sanchez's 1. But if the top sprinters switch up victories between, say, Griepel, Farrar and Cav, that could open the door for someone like Ballan or Bobridge or even more of a climber to get enough seconds in Stirling or Willunga to win the overall... anyone else think this is possible?
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
skidmark said:
I'm wondering if maybe the fact that so many quality sprinters are in the field might even open up the GC a bit. Last year, Griepel won by 11 seconds over LL Sanchez, but had something like 12 bonus seconds over him by virtue of winning 3 stages vs Sanchez's 1. But if the top sprinters switch up victories between, say, Griepel, Farrar and Cav, that could open the door for someone like Ballan or Bobridge or even more of a climber to get enough seconds in Stirling or Willunga to win the overall... anyone else think this is possible?
Definetly possible. Problem is that there is no Caisse D Epargne with valverde & sanchez and no BMC with Evans looking to split the field like last year. Sky possibly will try to make the race hard but otherwise I think the amount of seconds gained on that stage will be minimal. Cav won't win overall but I think it is between Farrar, Greipel, Goss & possibly Davis.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS