• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

13th Tour Down Under 2011, (809 kms) WT Jan 16-23

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The getting use to part is incorrect. Thanks for the pick up. I think Greipel gets lost from his train and he won't be able to get out of sticky situations when he's caught behind against Cav and farrar.

Yes it is normal to want to strangle them with. I was glad to hear that Cadel punched Tomo at the tour in 2008.

3090728281_4309cf9203.jpg

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Greipel

TeamSkyFans said:
Depends if they are there to race or enjoy the sun of course. I think greipel will be there to race, not convinced cav is there to do anything other than pick up a few ranking points. That said, on paper htc should have a better train.

How much Weight does Greipel has loss???? It looks to me that Greipel is in shape to win a few stages... The maxman and Farrar might not be at shape for this for the tour down under... Team Sky looks to me as the strongest team, they might win the overall.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Friday, 14 January 2011

Peloton pledges to raise funds for flood relief

The 133 riders competing in the 2011 Santos Tour Down Under have come together to donate to the Queensland Flood Relief Appeal, as sporting rivalry is pushed aside and all nationalities contribute to help those Aussies impacted by the devastating floods.

Confirmed with the last four international teams to arrive in Adelaide yesterday, all prize money won will be donated ...

[http://cycling.org.au/flood-vip]

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
*G*K*S* said:
From him yesterday on twitter:

starting to feel better after a cold a caught on my way to Down under :)

Sandbagging?:rolleyes:
That was from Wednesday. If he was starting to feel better from Wed I think he is fine. Interview from a BMC leadout man, John Murphy talking about showing the world how fast the great alexander kristoff is.

John Murphy ready for Tour Down Under.
Susan Westemeyer said:
By the way, that news has been up on Cyclingnews since early this morning. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pel...nds-for-flood-relief-with-charity-partnership

And it is the prize money from the Cancer Council Classic, held on Sunday, not from the Tour Down Under itself.

Ssuan
Who is this Ssuan you speak of?:D

Anyone know how HTC are going to work it?

Will Renshaw be Cav's last man, with Goss hunting in the pack (or maybe sitting on Cav's wheel as the "sweeper"). Otherwise they might try and do what they did in the Vuelta with Goss leading Cav out but still getting himself a respectable position (probably wouldn't work on these long straight finishes). I doubt that though as Renshaw is Cav's #1 leadout.

I think it will be Pate > Grabsch > Roulston/Eisel (not sure which one goes ahead) > Renshaw > Cav with Goss left out to fight for himself.

Either that or Goss will indeed be part of the train, but given the chance to win himself at Stirling and Willunga (with the last day given to whoever is higher on GC).

By the way, are there time bonuses on the intermediate sprints?

auscyclefan94 said:
IN another video today he craps on about how the sprinter has changed.

Tour down under preview

Tomalaris said he had 16 sprinters listed, Kristoff was not listed.:mad::mad::mad:

He clearly doesn't know anything about cycling. There we just as many sprinters who could climb in the past as there is now.

Also by the standard he counted sprinters and with counting all the sprinters riding on the same team then I count at least 31 sprinters. I wonder if he even knows about guys like Galimzyanov, Viviani, Rojas, Feillu etc.

ingsve said:
He clearly doesn't know anything about cycling. There we just as many sprinters who could climb in the past as there is now.

Also by the standard he counted sprinters and with counting all the sprinters riding on the same team then I count at least 31 sprinters. I wonder if he even knows about guys like Galimzyanov, Viviani, Rojas, Feillu etc.

Probably not, and then I bet he counts Dean, Renshaw etc as sprinters!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Anyone know how HTC are going to work it?

Will Renshaw be Cav's last man, with Goss hunting in the pack (or maybe sitting on Cav's wheel as the "sweeper"). Otherwise they might try and do what they did in the Vuelta with Goss leading Cav out but still getting himself a respectable position (probably wouldn't work on these long straight finishes). I doubt that though as Renshaw is Cav's #1 leadout.

I think it will be Pate > Grabsch > Roulston/Eisel (not sure which one goes ahead) > Renshaw > Cav with Goss left out to fight for himself.

Either that or Goss will indeed be part of the train, but given the chance to win himself at Stirling and Willunga (with the last day given to whoever is higher on GC).

By the way, are there time bonuses on the intermediate sprints?

Yes there are time bonuses for intermediate sprints. 3, 2 & 1 seconds for 1st 2nd & 3rd respectively.

Maybe Goss won't be involved in the leadout at all?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Probably not, and then I bet he counts Dean, Renshaw etc as sprinters!
+1
Julian Dean is a very good sprinter but he is working for Farrar. Same with renshaw

ingsve said:

And I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Twitter Ride Report

May 25, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I know! I have been tweeting like crazy to tomalaris & mckenzie about it. Finally got a direct message from Tomalaris telling me that I should reveal my identity!

You are quite psychotic in your fanaticism sometimes...

auscyclefan94 said:
I know! I have been tweeting like crazy to tomalaris & mckenzie about it. Finally got a direct message from Tomalaris telling me that I should reveal my identity!

Well you should say that you are protecting your identity because previous people who have questioned the myth have had some unfortunate things happen to them.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Well you should say that you are protecting your identity because previous people who have questioned the myth have had some unfortunate things happen to them.
This is what he said to me

You know who I am, I don't know who you are. Until you stop hiding behind this ACF mask, I refuse to communcate with you. Reveal yourself.

Here's what I posted to him

@miketomalaris Quite a few people use pseudonyms as their names on twitter. I support clean cycling and I support credibility in journalism.

@miketomalaris The reason I keep on posting stuff to you is to try and get through to you about LA, wake up. He is a cheat and a fraud

@miketomalaris For cycling to become clean we need the media to hold ALL riders to account and not spurt lies out to the public.

@miketomalaris I don' mean to harrass you but what u are saying is very influential & ppl dont deserve to be sold lies. They deserve honesty

You & ppl like liggett are doing a disservice to the viewers. Ppl have been brainwashed. Time to wake up and smell the roses.

btw, he's probably just read my comments. I've been giving it to him for a fortnight.

I don't get it though, you are a nobody, you can tell him your name and postcode but how does it change anything? It doesn't change the information you present (indeed none of your conviction is based on first-hand evidence and is all available in the public sphere). If you say you are "Joe Bloggs from St Kilda" is he all of a sudden going to act with journalistic integrity?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I don't get it though, you are a nobody, you can tell him your name and postcode but how does it change anything? It doesn't change the information you present (indeed none of your conviction is based on first-hand evidence and is all available in the public sphere). If you say you are "Joe Bloggs from St Kilda" is he all of a sudden going to act with journalistic integrity?

He uses the 'reveal yourself' line as a mask. He knows he is wrong. in past posts I presented first hand evidence in my conviction.