• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

13th Tour Down Under 2011, (809 kms) WT Jan 16-23

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
what... Vaconsoleil have sent Romain Feillu, he is a half decent team all by himself. Perfect rider to try to upset the established order on Stage 3 or 5, good attacking opportunist with a fast finish. Hopefully he's been working hard this Winter/Summer and comes into the race keen.

I agree, I personally rate felliu higher then bozic.
like him a lot.

DAOTEC said:
:eek: Gee, No Kidding an Aussie felon taking on the TDU ...

Daily Telegraph: Australian Chris Jongewaard, who left prison not so long ago, is to compete in the Tour Down Under in the team colors "national", Uni SA Team.
He explained: "I would like to thank many people for their support and faith in me going back on a bike," he told the Daily Telegraph. He added: "I did not intend to leave [prison] as a bad person."
Good sprinter, Jongewaard has already shone in the Tour Down Under in 2006 (ninth overall) and 2007 (2nd behind Baden Cooke).
Aged 31, he also specializes in mountain biking, four-time Australian champion and three times in Oceania in the discipline.
Chris served a prison sentence for almost killing another cyclist in 2007, Matthew Rex a Herald Sun Tour stage winner in 2004.

what the Daily Telegraph says is here
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...de-to-redemption/story-e6frey6i-1225976197383

so the Uni SA Team is
Luke Roberts
Jonathan Cantwell
Michael Hepburn
Wesley Sulzberger
Luke Durbridge
Mitchell Docker

May 25, 2010
Visit site
lucybears said:
what the Daily Telegraph says is here
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...de-to-redemption/story-e6frey6i-1225976197383

so the Uni SA Team is
Luke Roberts
Jonathan Cantwell
Michael Hepburn
Wesley Sulzberger
Luke Durbridge
Mitchell Docker

No room for CJ... :roll:

Surprised about Wes and Docker. They're already at established PronConti teams (sorta like Kemp is now). Why do they need exposure?

Jayco boys represented but no love for anyone from Drapac or Genesys (other Aus registered Conti teams). Also no Lowe, he's a pro looking for a new team isn't he?

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but that last spot would indicate having to earn that spot. CJ hasn't been handed it.

TDU finishes on the 23rd. Langkawi starts on the 26th.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, using that logic I'm going to announce Jono Lovelock will earn the spot because he's participating in the Nats, therefore he's a chance to win it (he better now I've talked him up)!

On second thoughts, Giacoppo will! No wait Fabio will! I'm sure this game can go on for awhile...

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
lucybears said:
so all CJ has to do is take part in and win the nats and then DAOTEC will be right ! easy....

Jongewaard's became super focussed since his release so it's not off the cards...

He's made winning the Nationals XC look easy four times and he's a bucket load stronger now than he's ever been, only question is can he employ any tactic other than the "attack, attack, attack" one he uses on the XC bike.

Remember he doesn't even have to win the Nats, only be the best rider who isn't already on the TdU start list...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
For Kristoff to get any results here he would need a leadout, considering the fact that he can't really position himself properly without one yet. To me it doesn't exactly look like a team that can do that job for him.
Considering the fact that he is quite young. Even the very best sprinters have trouble positioning themselves without a leadout.
Sasquatch said:
Nah. It's a requirement for living in Adelaide.

LOL, I guess we shouldn't make fun of our backwater neighbour state

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
auscyclefan94 said:
Considering the fact that he is quite young. Even the very best sprinters have trouble positioning themselves without a leadout.

LOL, I guess we shouldn't make fun of our backwater neighbour state

Hey ACF, assuming that cycling is the most important things for anyone on this forum. Is the "backwater state" the one with nice hills and good roads no more than twenty minutes of relaxed pedalling from anyone living in the capital city, or the one where the weather tends towards miserable most of the time and the idea of a good place for a road ride is an arterial road along a coastal shopping strip?

Melbourne's great if your a hipster who likes to sip over priced milky coffee and look fashionably on a colour matched fixie, but it ain't the best place to live for people who like to get outdoors.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like it is a bit similar to the Gold Coast in terms of riding. It doesn't take me long to do a coastal ride, or a ride in some hills.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
Hey ACF, assuming that cycling is the most important things for anyone on this forum. Is the "backwater state" the one with nice hills and good roads no more than twenty minutes of relaxed pedalling from anyone living in the capital city, or the one where the weather tends towards miserable most of the time and the idea of a good place for a road ride is an arterial road along a coastal shopping strip?

Melbourne's great if your a hipster who likes to sip over priced milky coffee and look fashionably on a colour matched fixie, but it ain't the best place to live for people who like to get outdoors.

You believe that then. I was being facetious because the former vic premier made pretty much the same comment I posted just then. I quite like adelaide.

btw, you are sooooo wrong about melbourne.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:

auscyclefan94 said:
btw, you are sooooo wrong about melbourne.

Is Hé
smiley12.gif

Cycle-Instead-Young-Rider_w.jpg

Young Rider Jersey is awarded to the rider aged under 26

All J: [tourdownunder.au/jerseys]

+

CCH-Classic_web.jpg

winning riders' jersey presentated after the race finish of The Cancer Council Classic

auscyclefan94 said:
Have a read of Susan's article about The Great Alexander Kristoff.

Kristoff sees chance to out sprint Cavendish

I think I am the only one who thinks he can do it!:p
Not Susan's article, it was made by procycling.no and cyclingnews has, as usual, just translated it directly.

As to whether he can do it...I highly doubt it, his form is usually pretty bad at this time of the year. The weather here in Norway is crappy and one has to be pretty special to be able to get any decent training on a bike here. He's not as determined as EBH when it comes to 5 hour rides in the snow on the cross bike.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
I think you are the only one who thinks he can do it too.

maltiv said:
Not Susan's article, it was made by procycling.no and cyclingnews has, as usual, just translated it directly.

As to whether he can do it...I highly doubt it, his form is usually pretty bad at this time of the year. The weather here in Norway is crappy and one has to be pretty special to be able to get any decent training on a bike here. He's not as determined as EBH when it comes to 5 hour rides in the snow on the cross bike.

Well he actually said his form is quite good. He has been talking up his chances of taking on the big sprinters. He has actually been training in Spain a fair bit as well. How do you know he is not as determined as EBH?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
is hé realy

Shack line-up change: Hunter for Rosseler who is ill ...

Robbie Hunter,
Robbie McEwen,
Lance Armstrong,
Manuel Cardoso,
Ben Hermans,
Markel Irizar,
Gregory Rast.

TRENDING THREADS