• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

16th Tour of Langkawi UCI-HC (23/01-01/02)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
I asked myself a few years back when Niño won La Vuelta a Colombia why he never raced in the Pro-Tour in Europe. He's been around for a while. Maybe is Clininc stuff. He has been critical of guys like Buenahora and Casteblanco in the past.

Maybe somebody knows.:confused:

he has rode for many years in european top races with kelme, he did all the grand tours excep the tour I think. he has been caught on epo in 2007 at the pan american games in the timetrial. nino's timetrial became so exceptional during those times that I belive he was doped. but without that still a class rider. I never heard him being critical of buenahora and castelblanco. although castelblanco was the most doped rider ever in colombia but never in europe like all the colombians never dope in europe

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he has rode for many years in european top races with kelme, he did all the grand tours excep the tour I think. he has been caught on epo in 2007 at the pan american games in the timetrial. nino's timetrial became so exceptional during those times that I belive he was doped. but without that still a class rider. I never heard him being critical of buenahora and castelblanco. although castelblanco was the most doped rider ever in colombia but never in europe like all the colombians never dope in europe

Sorry, but I find this to be a load of crap.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Result stage 8

1. Forster,Robert United Healthcare Pro Cycling 3h23m32s
2. Schulze,André CCC Polsat Polkowice mt.
3. Rogers,Dene Giant Kenda Pro Cycling Team mt.
4. Guardini,Andrea Farnese Vini - Neri Sottoli mt.
5. Shpilevsky,Boris Tabriz Petrochemical Team mt.
6. Van Hummel,Kenny Skil Shimano Cycling Team mt.
7. Jang,Chan Jae Korea National Team mt.
8. Stallaert,Joeri Landbouwkrediet mt.
9. Favilli,Elia Farnese Vini - Neri Sottoli mt.
10. Salleh,Mohd Harrif Terengganu ProAsia Cycling mt.

General Classification
55.jpg

1. Jonnathan Monsalve (Ven/Androni Giocattoli-Serramenti Diquigiovanni-Bianchi) 25h03m12s
2. Libardo Niño Corredor (Col/L2A Le Tua-EBSA) à 02"
3. Emanuela Sella (Ita/Androni Giocattoli-Serramenti Diquigiovanni-Bianchi) à 21"
^^
4. Dennis Van Niekerk (Rsa/MTN Qhubeka) à 23"
5. Rahim Emami (Iran/Azad University) à 24"
6. Lachlan Morton (Aus/Chipotle Development) à 29"
7. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita/Colnago CSF INOX) à 46"
8. Hossein Askari (Iran/Tabriz Petrochemical) à 54"
9. Hyosuk Gong (Kor/ Séleccion National) mt.
10.Ghadar Mizbani (Iran/Tabriz Petrochemical) à 1:12
Top 3 Rocks for you jens
ariel.gif

Some raw stage footage >
51.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Great country btw. I've been there and the people are just awesome.

Guardini didn't get his 5th stage win!:)

I've had a stop-over in KL once, I stayed in China Town, I was able to get a 600ml beer for less then $2.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
reason Guardini and Niño failed :: "RAIN"

will10 said:
so Monsalve got some bonus seconds then?

Watch the Movi stage 8: [http://youtube.com/watch-grand-final-stage-8.php]

Next chance today: Stage 9 - Melaka to Nilai
Monday, 31 January 2011 | 151.7 km

Start venue: Hang Tuah Mall, Melaka
Start time: 11:00 hrs
Finish venue: Nilai Square, Nilai
Estimated time of arrival: 14:13 hrs

brief_sg9_profile.jpg

The penultimate stage has all the ingredients to provide a final twist to the tale of the 16th edition of Le Tour de Langkawi. It begins in the historical city of Melaka, the seat of the old Malay Sultanate that ruled the region and in more recent times home of the Malaysian National Cycling Federation (MNCF).

That final twist could come from those brave enough to have a go in the tricky terrain that launches the peloton off the startline in Melaka. A combination of winding roads and undulating terrain could provide the opportunities for a last gasp attack to exact changes to the timed classifications.

Otherwise, the peloton would just focus on the race between the sprinters eyeing the points classification victory with three intermediate sprints on offer at Linggi (70.7km), Rantau (83.8km) and Mantin (134.7km), with a small disruption to the flat profile of the stage coming in the form of the sole category 4 climb at Lenggeng, 120.7km into the stage.

The finish at the trading and industrial town of Nilai not only provides expectations of an unpredictable outcome, but also the chance for the race entourage to grab some bargain buys in the variety of wholesale and factory outlets that colour the surroundings of the finish venue.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Sorry, but I find this to be a load of crap.

name me one (reasonable cycling) country in cycling that has zero doping positives in european cycling?? only japan and colombia and japan is small in cycling.

for that to understand you need to understand both cultures of japan and colombia and how they look upon others.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
name me one (reasonable cycling) country in cycling that has zero doping positives in european cycling?? only japan and colombia and japan is small in cycling.

for that to understand you need to understand both cultures of japan and colombia and how they look upon others.

Before we get our backsides kicked for not taking this to the Clinic, just because a guy doesn't test positive, doesn't mean he isn't doping. Lance never tested positive now did he? Sorry, but unless you are with every Colombian pro cyclist in Europe, 24/7, I don't see how you can say that. I had my doubts over Santiago Botero, a guy named in Puerto, who also rode for Kelme, T-Mobile, and Phonak. Victor Hugo Pena rode for US Postal, enough said.

This is as bad as the whole "Rider x doesn't dope because they speak English, and come from Australia (or Britain), unlike those pesdky Italians and Spanish cyclists" BS.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Before we get our backsides kicked for not taking this to the Clinic, just because a guy doesn't test positive, doesn't mean he isn't doping. Lance never tested positive now did he? Sorry, but unless you are with every Colombian pro cyclist in Europe, 24/7, I don't see how you can say that. I had my doubts over Santiago Botero, a guy named in Puerto, who also rode for Kelme, T-Mobile, and Phonak. Victor Hugo Pena rode for US Postal, enough said.

This is as bad as the whole "Rider x doesn't dope because they speak English, and come from Australia (or Britain), unlike those pesdky Italians and Spanish cyclists" BS.

A big group of Colombians are spanish you know(and I don't mean language alone). Well in the same way as Australians could be called english. And another big group is of mixed origins(native Amerindians with spanish colonists)

So if you're going to blame Spain and Portugal of having a doping culture, you might as well blame all of South America of having a doping culture.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
A big group of Colombians are spanish you know(and I don't mean language alone). Well in the same way as Australians could be called english. And another big group is of mixed origins(native Amerindians with spanish colonists)

So if you're going to blame Spain and Portugal of having a doping culture, you might as well blame all of South America of having a doping culture.

What do you mean by that? :) Do you mean those who have at least British parent, grandparent etc.? You can't call me that, since neither myself, my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents were born there.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
botero was acquitted of operacion puerto also by uci just like allan davis for instance who's name I never hear on this forum when it's about doping.

craig1985 said:
I've had a stop-over in KL once, I stayed in China Town, I was able to get a 600ml beer for less then $2.

Hmmm... something dodgy going on there. I don't think the tax man is getting his cut. I've always found beer to be comparatively expensive everywhere in Malaysia. As a predominantly alcohol averse Muslim nation they tax the hell out of it... ie. you can buy an entire meal for 3 or 4 ringgit but a single 330ml beer usually is priced anywhere between 12 and 16 ringgit.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Tugboat said:
Hmmm... something dodgy going on there. I don't think the tax man is getting his cut. I've always found beer to be comparatively expensive everywhere in Malaysia. As a predominantly alcohol averse Muslim nation they tax the hell out of it... ie. you can buy an entire meal for 3 or 4 ringgit but a single 330ml beer usually is priced anywhere between 12 and 16 ringgit.

It was about 9.00pm when I got my meal, and it was right at the end of China Town on a corner.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
nothingt spectacular at all, the sprint level here isn't exatcly high. bongiorno won 4 stages in his first langkawi and we never heard from him again.

he will not stand a chance in qatar that much I predict. although guardini is a much bigger talent than bongiorno

Ryo Hazuki said:
nothingt spectacular at all, the sprint level here isn't exatcly high. bongiorno won 4 stages in his first langkawi and we never heard from him again.

he will not stand a chance in qatar that much I predict. although guardini is a much bigger talent than bongiorno

Bongiorno only won 1 stage in his first Langkawi 2003 as I remember, same year Pagliarini won 3 and would have been a better example, but still I agree that Guardini victories are rather cheap because of the competition. Same goes for Monsalves win, despite him being a huge talent too.

But anyways following his total domination on the amateur scene last season with 19 wins and this start to the season it looks pretty promissing for Guardini. I also doubt he will do so well in Qatar, not least because of the bad preparation he will get with the long travel and short rest, and the wind ofcourse, but he should definetly be able to get a lot more wins this season with his speed.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Im so proud of Monsalve! hope he can keep getting more results and have a great season! Venezuela FTW! Can't wait to see Rujano in Il Giro!

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
V = the [team director] his verdict in picture

DAOTEC said:
Guardini had this to say after stage 3 yesterday: "We have a bet, if we can get to five victories, [team director] Stefano Giuliano will stop smoking. Since there aren't other difficult stages, we are putting our attention into arriving at this goal"

one to go !

sktooo said:
1 more victory to equal all-time ltdl record of 5 win, currently by Graeme Brown and Alberto Loddo.

Hugo Koblet said:
Guardini takes the final stage and Monsalve the overall!

showimg.php

that was his last
0080.gif

TRENDING THREADS