• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2007 Documentary - "Blood and Games"

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I just received this documentary DVD from a friend and am in the process of uploading it on to YouTube. (This is 1 part of 4 total). Too many of you, this may be old news, but I'm guessing there are some who have not had a chance to view it.

This segment discusses Olympic Track and Field, Balco, Commentary by Kelli White, and a discussion on Marion Jones... (Other segments which I will upload get into more cycling content). I believe this is a German documentary so a lot of it is in German (as well as Spanish).

More to follow...

2007 Documentary - "Blood and Games".

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
2007 Documentary - "Blood and Games" Part 2

Here is a link to the 2nd up-load:

The Andreu's are each interviewed, Women's Olympic Cross Country Skiing...

2007 Documentary - "Blood and Games" Part 2

Once again, this was done in 2007, so a lot of the content is already known.

Once again some of the commentary is in Spanish and German. I do have a written transcript, but not sure how to post all of it. (Approx. 75 pages total). Suggestions?

(2 additional VERY large files to upload).

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Epic documentary. The last part about the genetic doping is frightening. Funny Armstrong has mentioned genetic doping as something to watch out for. Funny LeMond has never mentioned it.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
Epic documentary. The last part about the genetic doping is frightening. Funny Armstrong has mentioned genetic doping as something to watch out for. Funny LeMond has never mentioned it.

Flicker learned his trollcraft at Foxnews.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:

Armstrong is hoping they can grow him a second sphere...;)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I think when Betsy was gabbing about an unamed individual h"olding a transfussion sack and sayin "Frankie you gotta get outta here, I flashed back on the porcine Sally Struthers whining"save the children"

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
"do it with the genes it is permanent, it's done" my god wtf does that mean?

If you listen to my Lord Lance genetic doping is close to being developed. It will be all over as far as sporting fairness.

I know a lot of people doubt Lance but for sure as sure as cloning has been done super modified athletes are on the horizon.

It stinks of a Nazi super race. Genetic superiority is a coming reality.

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
To be fair I always thought Usain Bolt is already genetically doped.... either that or he is the standard to which they will be benchmarking when genetically doping :cool:

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Here are links to the commentary (German and Spanish) that is heard in the Documentary.

I have been unable to upload the other 2 parts of the Documentary (they apparently are too large to be uploaded intact). Does anyone have any recommendations of a sight that will host these LARGE .wav files?!?

Part 1

Part 2

Part3

(Unfortunately you will have to search each of the 3 .pdf files if you wish to match them with the 2 videos I've posted thus far).

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Jagers said:
Here are links to the commentary (German and Spanish) that is heard in the Documentary.

I have been unable to upload the other 2 parts of the Documentary (they apparently are too large to be uploaded intact). Does anyone have any recommendations of a sight that will host these LARGE .wav files?!?

Part 1

Part 2

Part3

(Unfortunately you will have to search each of the 3 .pdf files if you wish to match them with the 2 videos I've posted thus far).

Great links however.....

Lance, (I love calling him by his first name, romance and all) has never tested positive, except, for the 6 EPO positives in '99, along with the cortisone, and the shower incidents, and all of the circumstantial stuff, and the non positive when cancer was ravaging his body. And the books, and Tex Pat... Except for that stuff

THEY GOT NOTHING.....NADA....ZIP

THANKS!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Great links however.....

Lance, (I love calling him by his first name, romance and all) has never tested positive, except, for the 6 EPO positives in '99, along with the cortisone, and the shower incidents, and all of the circumstantial stuff, and the non positive when cancer was ravaging his body. And the books, and Tex Pat... Except for that stuff

THEY GOT NOTHING.....NADA....ZIP

THANKS!

Your infatuation with Lord Armstrong is most impressive, master Buckwheat. Perhaps you are now ready to join us on the Dark side.....

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Nice "arty" camera setups! Let me guess this must be a German documentary! "OK, first we'll have Frankie in the foreground with the camera focused on Betsy then, in this next shot, we'll reverse the two of them. Soooo Geil!"

It's Ingmar Bergman as done by SCTV I tells ya'!

Edit: And why are they interviewing Rob Halford? I kid, I kid ...

JRTinMA said:
That is the one and only Betsy Andreu.

I thought so.

But ( sorry i havent been reading any of the Amrstrong threads in a long time, seeing as 90% of the contnent in them is fanboys vs haters ) isnt there some sort of confidentiality involved if Lance is talking to a doctor?

And if Lance was taking drugs pre cancer (which i suspected might be the case) why did he only complete the turn from donkey to stallion after his cancer recovery? Is it simply that he wasnt on the Ferrari programme untill 99? still i would have expected better gt results pre cancer, from a future 7 time gt winner already on drugs.

The Hitch said:
I thought so. But ( sorry i havent been reading any of the Amrstrong threads in a long time, seeing as 90% of the contnent in them is fanboys vs haters ) in the scene in the video, is Armstrong talking to a doctor or to her husband?

Why is he listing all the drugs he took. Why in front of her.

She is retelling something she heard (or imagined based on your view) when Lance was being treated for testicular cancer. He was in the hospital and he was telling a physician what PEDs he had used and she was there, this would have been sometime around late '97 or '98. This is a big point of controversy, the doctor and the Oakley rep deny this conversation took place. To put it in your parlance, the haters think she's Saint Betsy and the Fanboys think she a whiny jealous liar. I just think she has a super annoying voice.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
She is retelling something she heard (or imagined based on your view) when Lance was being treated for testicular cancer. He was in the hospital and he was telling a physician what PEDs he had used and she was there, this would have been sometime around late '97 or '98. This is a big point of controversy, the doctor and the Oakley rep deny this conversation took place. To put it in your parlance, the haters think she's Saint Betsy and the Fanboys think she a whiny jealous liar. I just think she has a super annoying voice.

It was after 10/2/96. Armstrong actually showed up at the Cofidis team presentation in early 1997.

Evidently Betsy has a Michigan accent. I think her story fits in with all the rest of the evidence making her a good witness as opposed to McIlvaine who's on the record to James Startt, and taped talking to LeMond, saying the exact same thing, and subsequently denying that.

buckwheat said:
It was after 10/2/96. Armstrong actually showed up at the Cofidis team presentation in early 1997.

Evidently Betsy has a Michigan accent. I think her story fits in with all the rest of the evidence making her a good witness as opposed to McIlvaine who's on the record to James Startt, and taped talking to LeMond, saying the exact same thing, and subsequently denying that.

But isnt there any confidentiality law, like with lawyers. Anything said in the room between a doctor and a patient remains in the room?

And why where Frankie and Betsy in the room while Lance was having a conversation with his doctor in the first place?

buckwheat said:

It had to be in 96 sometime for sure, my bad. I guessed at the timeframe as Hitch seemed to want the basics and not locked and loaded dates. I would have to assume he was back riding by 98. I lived in Detroit for 3 years and the Andreu's are from Dearborn, just a few miles west. Based on my experience I defend my assertion that her voice is super annoying and not an accent, I have no recollection of a "Michigan Accent". I think she's telling the truth as well but I have to admit I ceased caring a long time ago.

The Hitch said:
But isnt there any confidentiality law, like with lawyers. Anything said in the room between a doctor and a patient remains in the room?

And why where Frankie and Betsy in the room while Lance was having a conversation with his doctor in the first place?

HIPAA is our privacy laws that govern medical information and they were enacted sometime around 1996, I learned my lesson Buck. Prior to HIPAA a strict patient confidentiality rule and laws like FCRA and GLBA governed privacy for the most part along with strict codes and many other laws. I always found this at odds with Betsy's story. It would have been a major no no to discuss private medical issues with Friends and Oakley reps present. Either way I can't understand why she would make it up, it has not done her or Frankie and good so I tend to believe her story.

JRTinMA said:
HIPAA is our privacy laws that govern medical information and they were enacted sometime around 1996, I learned my lesson Buck. Prior to HIPAA a strict patient confidentiality rule and laws like FCRA and GLBA governed privacy for the most part along with strict codes and many other laws. I always found this at odds with Betsy's story. It would have been a major no no to discuss private medical issues with Friends and Oakley reps present. Either way I can't understand why she would make it up, it has not done her or Frankie and good so I tend to believe her story.

I believe the story, i just am surprised that Armstrong said this in front of them.

TRENDING THREADS