• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

2009 ENECO Tour

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
Chavenal wants the win pretty badly. Good luck to him. I have always liked the guy.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Farrar in the front group. I would love to see him keep the lead. Wiggins there too. Looks like Garmin's race to lose.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
ingsve said:
Ya, Boonen still there as well and he has Chavanel in the lead group so QS won't have to work which could be in Boonens favour.

Itlooks like the finish is pretty hard though so it probably wont be a big sprint...

Yea, and I didn't realize the front group wasn't caught when I wrote that. Looks like Chavenal has a shot for overall, but Boss Hog is there too, so in a sprint, he takes the stage.
 
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, and I didn't realize the front group wasn't caught when I wrote that. Looks like Chavenal has a shot for overall, but Boss Hog is there too, so in a sprint, he takes the stage.

In the front group you mean? That's Mick Rogers...

The break looks to be losing time now so they might get caught.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
ingsve said:
In the front group you mean? That's Mick Rogers...

The break looks to be losing time now so they might get caught.

Dang, I'll just shut up. The commentators were talking about Bos Hog being in the front group I thought? Either way, I think they are getting caught also, but that pretty much just doomed the peloton's chances.

I am running from room to room because the Track World Championships is on too, so I am missing things about the race I wouldn't otherwise.
 
Thoughtforfood said:
Dang, I'll just shut up. The commentators were talking about Bos Hog being in the front group I thought? Either way, I think they are getting caught also, but that pretty much just doomed the peloton's chances.

Ya, looking at the profile on CN again it does look like the final kms are slightly uphill as well so a great chance for people with good legs to do something.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Long sprint. Boss Hog took it?

Dang, I am 0'fer today. Farrar JUST takes it.
 
Ya, finish wasn't as steep as the profile might suggest so it was pretty sprintable. Still great sprint by EBH though. Tyler is the faster sprinter but the thoughness of the sprint made it closer than normal.

Tyler had a better wheel to start the sprint from as well. EBH had to take more wind and come more from behind.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
ingsve said:
Ya, finish wasn't as steep as the profile might suggest so it was pretty sprintable. Still great sprint by EBH though. Tyler is the faster sprinter but the thoughness of the sprint made it closer than normal.

Tyler had a better wheel to start the sprint from as well. EBH had to take more wind and come more from behind.

Long sprint by both though for an uphill. I actually thought Tyler was going to get caught. He almost did.
 
Jun 9, 2009
19
0
0
Visit site
the eneco tour needs a real queen stage in the future. a race of 9 stages isn't made for sprinters to take the overall. I hope today things change, otherwise the race will be decided with a time trial, that would be a shame. we need a battle!!!
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
Visit site
knorensnor said:
the eneco tour needs a real queen stage in the future. a race of 9 stages isn't made for sprinters to take the overall. I hope today things change, otherwise the race will be decided with a time trial, that would be a shame. we need a battle!!!


i agree, farrar winning the 'mini-liege' isn't right.

why not do the first (flat) stages in holland and after that really make use of belgium in the last stages. a 220km flanders stage, a really tough 220km ardennes stage and a 15km time trial finishing on muur van hoei, the redoute, the muur van geraardsbergen or the kemmel or something like that.
 
Interesting stage today. A break with 3 riders chased by a bigger group with lots of good riders also ahead of the peloton.

Chavanel, Boasson Hagen, Monfort, Rogers, Van Goolen, Bak, Nibali, Van Den Broeck, Van Avermaet, Vansummeren, Flecha, Langeveld, Posthuma, Gavazzi and Bakelants.

The big group has a minute on the peloton...
 

TRENDING THREADS