• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Giro del Trentino

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Giro del Trentino official website - in English and Italian

On there you have the stages, the teams, the program (ie the peloton will pass through at a certain time), news, video of press conferences, and you can follow live via twitter. The website is really professional.

Look out for the Alpe di Pampeago:

Alpe_di_Pampeago_Cavalese_profile.gif

theswordsman said:
Team Astana

In Italy, Alexandre Vinokourov will lead the team with Alexandr Dyachenko, Roman Kireyev, Bolat Raimbekov, Sergey Renev, Paolo Tiralongo and Mirko Selvaggi.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=25402

And pics of Ricco's new bike with the Cobra paint job for the race:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=25400

I have to say, out of all of the personalized paint jobs to come out this year, I like the Brothers Schleck's bikes the best.

You know that the Giro is just around the corner when this race arrives. Another of my favs. I get to see stage highlights on Rai Sport.
Alpe de Pampeago again this year?
Yes, ACF, it's a beast; a real slog. Not much respite from the 10% gradient.
Last year Basso destroyed the likes of Kloden and Di Luca, riding a killer tempo over the last few kms.
However, one guy was able to raise a full sprint and left him for dead, in the last 300 metres. His name?
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=6737
Another rider on a motorbike.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing what happens here for Vino. He's been training like a madman, but that particular team isn't going to be much help for him. The stronger guys are in Fw & LBL. Maybe Vino can pull out a stage win.

Basso bringing some good help = Szmyd & Pellizotti

As to Rasmussen, doesn't he supposedly have mononucleosis or something? And wasn't there some rumor that he'd quit Miche and was going to sign with another team for the Giro (the big Giro, not this one)?

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
A fresh, but still provisional, riders list. I won't mess with the quote, but this is the Astana list issued earlier
Vinokourov, Alexandr Dyachenko, Roman Kireyev, Bolat Raimbekov, Sergey Renev, Paolo Tiralongo and Mirko Selvaggi.

Liquigas - Doimo - LIQ (ita)
1. BASSO Ivan
2. AGNOLI Valerio
3. BODNAR Maciej
4. DALL'ANTONIA Tiziano
5. KISERLOVSKI Robert
6. PELLIZOTTI Franco
7. SZMYD Sylvester
8. ZAUGG Oliver
Ds ZANATTA Stefano

Astana - AST (kaz)
11. VINOKOUROV Alexandre
12. DAVIS Scott
13. TIRALONGO Paolo
14. NEPOMNYACHSHIY Yevgeniy
15. RAIMBEKOV Bolat
16. KIREYEV Roman
17. RENEV Sergey
18. DYACHENKO Alexsandr
Ds SHEFER Alexander

Lampre - Vini Farnese - LAM (ita)
21. BALLONI Alfredo
22. BUTS Vitaliy
23. MALORI Adriano
24. PETACCHI Alessandro
25. MARZANO Marco
26. PONZI Simone
27. LORENZETTO Mirco
28. SAPA Marcin
Ds BONTEMPI Fabrizio

Ag2r La mondiale - ALM (fra)
31. DESSEL Cyril
32. ARRIETA LUJAMBIO José Luis
33. BONNAFOND Guillaume
34. KRIVTSOV Yuriy
35. LOUBET Julien
36. RAVARD Anthony
37. TURPIN Ludovic
38. VALJAVEC Tadej
Ds BIONDI Laurent

Team Katusha - KAT (rus)
41. BRUTT Pavel
42. KARPETS Vladimir
43. HORRACH RIPPOLL Joan
44. IGNATIEV Mikhail
45. KHALILOV Mikhaylo
46. NAPOLITANO Danilo
47. PETROV Evgeny
48. SILIN Egor
Ds COZZI Claudio

Bmc Racing Team - BMC (usa)
51. KRISTOFF Alexander
52. MURPHY John
53. BEYER Chad
54. BUTLER Chris
55. FREI Thomas
56. KOHLER Martin
57. MOOS Alexandre
58. STALDER Florian
Ds SAYERS Mike

Bbox bouygues telecom - BTL (fra)
61. ARASHIRO Yukiya
62. BERNAUDEAU Giovanni
63. BICHOT Freddy
64. CLAUDE Mathieu
65. GAUDIN Damien
66. JEROME Vincent
67. LE FLOCH Guillaume
68. QUEMENEUR Perrig
Ds RODRIGUEZ Jean-François

Acqua & sapone - ASA (ita)
71. ANDRIOTTO Dario
72. CODOL Massimo
73. FAILLI Francesco
74. GARZELLI Stefano
75. MASCIARELLI Francesco
76. MIHOLJEVIC Vladimir
77. ORTEGA Didac
78. PALUMBO Giuseppe
Ds GINI Franco

Androni giocattoli - Diquigiovanni - AND (ven)
81. BERTOLINI Alessandro
82. BERTOLINI Thomas
83. LODDO Alberto
84. OCHOA Carlos José
85. PIEMONTESI Fabrice
86. SOLARI Luca
87. TABORRE Fabio
88. WURF Cameron
Ds BELLINI Marco

Isd - Neri - ISD (ita)
91. RUJANO GUILLEN José
92. GRABOVSKYY Dmytro
93. PYDGORNYY Ruslan
94. HUZARSKI Bartosz
95. RICCI BITTI Davide
96. CLARKE Simon
97. BELKOV Maxim
98. SCOGNAMIGLIO Carlo
Ds SCINTO Luca

Colnago - Csf Inox - CSF (irl)
101. PIRAZZI Stefano
102. BISOLTI Alessandro
103. BRAMBILLA Gianluca
104. PAVARIN Marcello
105. CONTOLI Alberto
106. GAIA Michele
107. STORTONI Simone
Ds LANZONI Giuseppe

Ceramica Flaminia - Bossini Docce - FLM (irl)
111. ANZA Santo
112. BAILETTI Paolo
113. CARUSO Giampaolo
114. CELLI Luca
115. GENTILI Massimiliano
116. GIORDANI Leonardo
117. NOE Andrea
118. RICCO' Riccardo
Ds MAINI Orlando

De Rosa - stacplastic - DER (irl)
121. CARUSO Damiano
122. CATTANEO Marco
123. CHIARINI Riccardo
124. CORIONI Claudio
125. FERRARI Roberto
126. MONTAGUTI Matteo
127. BORCHI Stefano
128. GOLCER Jure
Ds FIDANZA Giovanni

Vorarlberg - Corratec - VBG (aut)
131. HOLLENSTEIN Reto
132. DIETZIKER Andreas
133. ACKERMANN Silvère
134. SCHWAB Hubert
135. GUFLER Alexander
136. CAPELLI Andrea
137. CAMUSSA Piergiorgio
138. HASELBACHER René
Ds MORSCHER Harald

Skil - Shimano (nl)
141. HUGUET Yann
142. ROOIJAKKERS Piet
143. TIMMER Albert
144. HUPOND Thierry
145. GESCHKE Simon
146. WILMANN Frederik
147. GENIEZ Alexandre
148. CORNU Dominique
Ds HOEKSTRA Piet

Miche - Mie (ita)
151. RASMUSSEN Michael
152. MUTO Pasquale
153. NIEMIEC Przemyslaw
154. CARVAJAL JARAMILLO Edwin Andres
155. BALIANI Fortunato
156. CESARO Roberto
157. CAMPAGNARO Simone
158. PINIZZOTTO Leonardo
Ds TOZZI Marco

Mroz Active Jet - MRO (pol)
161. RUTKIEWICZ Marek
162. MORAJKO Jacek
163. WITECKI Mariusz
164. TACIAK Mateusz
165. JANIACZYK Blazej
166. KOMAR Mateusz
167. CIESLIK Pawel
168. HALEJAK Wojcieck
Ds KOSMALA Piotr

Team Netapp - APP (ger)
171. BENEDETTI Cesare
172. BARTA Jan
173. DELROT Bastien
174. DUYN Huub
175. FRICKE Tassilo
176. GOTTFRIED Alexander
177. KEINATH Nico
178. SCHILLINGER Andreas
Ds POITSCHKE Enrico

Adria Mobil (slo)
181. NOSE Tomaz
182. FAJT Kristjan
183. KUMP Marko
184. PALANDRI Marino
185. JARC Blaz
186. MURN Uros
187. ZAGAR Jure
188. GNEZDA Matej
Ds ERZEN Milan

Tyrol Team - TYR (aut)
191. BLASSNIG Thomas
192. GAUGL Florian
193. KONRAD Patrick
194. KRIZEK Matthias
195. MAIR Stefan
196. RINNER Daniel
197. TOTSCHNIG Harald
198. WÖHRER David
Ds BERGER Harald

Carmiooro - NGC
201. SELLA Emanuele
202. PARDILLA BELLON Sergio
203. RATTO Daniele
204. PERUFFO Enrico
205. TERRENZIO Fabio
206. PIECHELE Andrea
207. RAISONI Alessandro
208. BERTHOU Eric
Ds. MIODINI Roberto

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=25406

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
On Tuesday, a first step played against the clock near the shores of Lake Garda could create the first differences. Passo Brocon and the final climb to San Martino di Castrozza (13km at 6.4% on average) the next day eager to establish a hierarchy within the first main favorites. A hierarchy that should be challenged on Thursday. A day during which the riders climbed the Passo Rolle. But placed in the early stage of a relatively short (164km) and without major difficulty, it should not encourage actors to trigger large offensive. To determine the final winner of this 34th edition, it will wait until the final foothills of the Alto di Pampeago, taken twice by the riders of the Giro in the past seven years. That was in 2003 and 2008. Gilberto Simoni and Emanuele Sella it imposed respectively. Decidedly, the Tour of Trentino announced the imminent departure of his older brother that is the Tour of Italy.

http://www.velochrono.fr/actu/2010/un-avant-gout-de-giro/

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
This will be a great race. I do miss a big mountain before the Pampeago, though. Still, great course and a lot of great riders. I haven't quite given up on Gibo yet, and hopefully he'll make it into top ten here. Astana has got quite a strong climbing team, with Vinokourov, Iglinskiy and Tiralongo. Hopefully Dyachenko will climb good as well. My bet is Pellizotti for the overall.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
MrContador said:
Yeah, after all, he is the third best climber in the world. :D

soon to be best climber in the world I think :) Contador always has trouble 200 km+ and physically rujano has the most perfect build for a climber. the man puts out 8,3 watt per kg weight which is the highest ever measured on a cyclist and with his 48 kg in the mountains it means no once can ride as hard (theoretically) as he can. let's not forget his giro 2005 was his first gt at barely 23. last year rujano has his true breakthrough season with no less than 18 wins and the most impressive vuelta colombia victory in at leats the last 20 years.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
soon to be best climber in the world I think :) Contador always has trouble 200 km+ and physically rujano has the most perfect build for a climber. the man puts out 8,3 watt per kg weight which is the highest ever measured on a cyclist and with his 48 kg in the mountains it means no once can ride as hard (theoretically) as he can. let's not forget his giro 2005 was his first gt at barely 23. last year rujano has his true breakthrough season with no less than 18 wins and the most impressive vuelta colombia victory in at leats the last 20 years.
There's no doubt he's a perfectly built climber, but I'm doubting whether he commits enough to training. His climbing in the 2005 Giro was extraordinary, I recall him dropping Gibo like a sack of potatoes up Sestriere, but after that he hasn't shown much. He climbed well in Vuelta al Tachira and Tour de Langkawi this year, but the opposition was poor. I highly doubt he can keep up with the European stars up Alpe di Pampeago.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

He's time trials are absolutely hilarious.:D

ryo hazuki said:
soon to be best climber in the world i think :) contador always has trouble 200 km+ and physically rujano has the most perfect build for a climber. The man puts out 8,3 watt per kg weight which is the highest ever measured on a cyclist and with his 48 kg in the mountains it means no once can ride as hard (theoretically) as he can. Let's not forget his giro 2005 was his first gt at barely 23. Last year rujano has his true breakthrough season with no less than 18 wins and the most impressive vuelta colombia victory in at leats the last 20 years.

are you A.K.A. POLISH?

TRENDING THREADS