• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Volta ao Algarve

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Publicus said:
I'm just looking forward to the post explaining how Team Radio Shack finishing higher on the Team Classification is a bigger prize than winning the overall.
You beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing!:D
Lets hope that person will be happy with a similar result, come July.
RS: A team og high spec diesels, without Contador's supercharger.
Thought I'd pop my winning avatar in here.;)

reyan12 said:
WOW another win for Contador!LL Sanchez is also great.Poor RS they have only 1 man at the podium.

Another failure.

Mellow Velo said:
You beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing!:D
Lets hope that person will be happy with a similar result, come July.
RS: A team og high spec diesels, without Contador's supercharger.
Thought I'd pop my winning avatar in here.;)

Nice win for Lulu. It must have been a heck of ride. I'm looking forward to the highlights.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
What you gonna say now Cranky? Step off and go home

edit: oh and solid by AC, would have liked to see something faster from Samu with his legendary descending skills... I know there was a climb in the middle but the finish was lower than the start...

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
Lulu just posted a new best time 21:32. He was 43 seconds back on AC at the start of the day.

Levi just posted 21:54.

Samu posted 22:07

Machado 22:02

AC 21:45. Two time champion. And Lulu jumps up to second and kicks Levi off the podium.

Thanks for posting that.
Good rides by all, and pretty close...
Good podium too, especially the top step! :D

But Alberto being second on ITT leaves me confused, a bit: is it, or is it not, "about the bike"? :confused::rolleyes:

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
What you gonna say now Cranky? Step off and go home

I'm guessing it will be along the lines of The Shack were just using it for a training ride/the 1st race of the year for Levi/at least they took a sprinter or who cares about 1st on GC it's all about the team doing well etc etc etc etc

A

Anonymous

I am sure that Lance will be twittering "great ride #levi, we all know I am faster than him so I should be the Tour favorite now and you can all forget the backwoods spanish guy who still has a lot to learn"

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I am sure that Lance will be twittering "great ride #levi, we all know I am faster than him so I should be the Tour favorite now and you can all forget the backwoods spanish guy who still has a lot to learn"

Please. Give it a rest. He won't say that at all. He will say that his training TT against Lieto and his uphill battle against a cow are far better indicators of TdF success.

:p:p:D:D

Potomac said:
It is a pity this race didn't get more media coverage, because judging from this thread it was of great interest to cycling fans.

I agree. There supposed live coverage was a joke and often the live text updates were slow in coming (with 10 and 20 minutes breaks between updates). That being said, how much of this excitement is likely to carry over next year?

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I am glad Versus didnt cover the event can you imagine the excuses for radioshack or the brilliance of Johan Brunyeel tactics used by Alberto i really do have to mute versus coverage to enjoy the race.

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
I agree. There supposed live coverage was a joke and often the live text updates were slow in coming (with 10 and 20 minutes breaks between updates). That being said, how much of this excitement is likely to carry over next year?

There may be highlights later, but dont hold your breath..

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
How can you say that?

hammt34 said:
I am glad Versus didnt cover the event can you imagine the excuses for radioshack or the brilliance of Johan Brunyeel tactics used by Alberto i really do have to mute versus coverage to enjoy the race.

You can say whatever you like about versus, but a cycling fan living in the US must find shoddy internet video coverage like a rat sneaking around in a giant warehouse searching for a morsel of moldy Government cheese.

My TV has a volume control for when Lig/Wen get to be insufferable, but same day highlights would be nirvana compared to what we get now.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
ravens said:
You can say whatever you like about versus, but a cycling fan living in the US must find shoddy internet video coverage like a rat sneaking around in a giant warehouse searching for a morsel of moldy Government cheese.

My TV has a volume control for when Lig/Wen get to be insufferable, but same day highlights would be nirvana compared to what we get now.

u r right i take it back tv does have a volume

Publicus said:

The excitement (based on thread content) was Lance (Shack as his proxy) vs Contador. So if any half of that is gone then I bet the excitement will go go down considerably.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Did Garmin forget to bring their stash?

133 David Millar (GBr) Garmin -Transitions 0:05:47
DNS Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin -Transitions

Millar lost 20 secs per kilometer.

cyclingweekly's twitter

Britain's David Millar crashed during the Algarve TT and finished with his skinsuit in tatters

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Did Garmin forget to bring their stash?

133 David Millar (GBr) Garmin -Transitions 0:05:47
DNS Christian Vande Velde (USA) Garmin -Transitions

Millar lost 20 secs per kilometer.
Millar crashed, as did Karpets. Cycling Weekly said on twitter that Millar's skinsuit was ripped to shreds.