• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Vuelta a Andalucia

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I tried searching too, limited information. It is a 2.1 race though (I think).

Well hopefully it has some testing uphill stages, Interested to see how mollema goes.

I found all the stage profiles on their website (and I don't speak spanish), so yes, you must suck at spanish ;-) .

little summary:
stage 1: mountain top finish, last 3km about 15% on average, some stretches of 20%
stage 2: flat
stage 3: slightly hilly, last 500m uphill (not very steep)
stage 4: TT
stage 5: slightly hilly, last km 4% uphill

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
first stage has andy schleck written all over it, if hes a little lacking in form, then his bro.

Stage 2 will be only chance for cav.

stage 4 is one for wiggo.

expect lots of attacks stages 3 and 5

now ive said that i'll be totally wrong

rghysens said:
I found all the stage profiles on their website (and I don't speak spanish), so yes, you must suck at spanish ;-) .

little summary:
stage 1: mountain top finish, last 3km about 15% on average, some stretches of 20%
stage 2: flat
stage 3: slightly hilly, last 500m uphill (not very steep)
stage 4: TT
stage 5: slightly hilly, last km 4% uphill

Seconded - just about the best foreign language website for a non grand tour I've seen, not quite sure how you could manage to not spot the copious info on every stage.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:
Money on frank then.

Believe me, I'd love for him to win but I seriously doubt it. He said in a Luxembourgish newspaper that he'd prefer "a more laid back start" than this hard stage. Also he "has no intentions of winning" the Ruta.

Furthermore, he seems to have quite a lot of respect for the climb, as he says on his twitter:

"Autch. I saw the finishing climb from 2morrow. That's gonna hurt "

Plus he even posten a photo of the climb:

http://tweetphoto.com/12005013

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Errrr, they're on the front page, under the admittedly sneaky heading of stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 etc.

Do I have access to a better site than everyone else?

Yeh, when i was digging for route maps the site was still a complete mess..
Now its just a slight mess, click on the stage, click on the pdf button and sit back and wait while the pdf crashes. And completely useless on mobile, iphone etc..

Stage 1

1. Sergio Pardilla
2. Jurgen van den Broeck at 7 sec.
3. Damiano Cunego at 13
4. Manuel Vasquez s.t
5. Bauke Mollema s.t

Great start for Spanish climbing ace Pardilla. Happy to see van den Broeck and Mollema up there too.

stefrees said:
great effort by steve cummings, only 1 min and a little down, in 20th.

the overall has mick rogers written all over it with the tt

Has Mick done any great time trials since last years Australian Championship?

He seems to have lost the edge, he once had against the clock. I'd say Van Den Broeck, Löfkvist (Yak, I have to get used to that!), Monfort, Voigt or maybe even Larsson. Löfkvist and Larsson should be clearly better than Rogers.

The final stage also finishes on a slight uphill as well so if that hill is steep enough for the favourites then there's a chance to gain a few seconds there as well so even if someone is 5-10 seconds behind after the ITT all hope is not lost perhaps...

TRENDING THREADS