• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Vuelta al Pais Vasco

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow Peraud:

His chain fell off during the 1st climb (and still one of the fastest at the check)
And during the second part he fell and had to change bikes :eek:

That must have cost him at least 1 minute in total.. and still was 9th in the TT. This might just have cost him the win in the TT..insane

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Wow Peraud:

His chain fell off during the 1st climb (and still one of the fastest at the check)

That must have cost him at least 1 minute in total.. and still was 9th in the TT. This might just have cost him the win in the TT..insane

very impressive.
Lotto has a old talent there.

Joey_J

BANNED
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Team classification

Did they get that wrong? It looks like RS's top 3 are ahead of Col-HTC's top 3, but they list Col-HTC as winning.

Great ride by Horner. It's nice that RS gave him a TT bike to train on unlike his days @ Lotto. It would be nice to see him add yellow shorts and a yellow jersey to match his shoes in July.

Happy to see Horner get a big win. I halfway expected him to win the TT today. Today's TT was always going to be a little about TT ability but mostly about who was on the best form and it's been obvious he is on some of the best form of his life.

Guys like Valverde and Sanchez are another step above CH when they are at their very best so it was pretty obvious to me they aren't quite there yet.

I expect Valverde to pick up at least one of the Ardennes' though.

Joey_J said:
Did they get that wrong? It looks like RS's top 3 are ahead of Col-HTC's top 3, but they list Col-HTC as winning.

Great ride by Horner. It's nice that RS gave him a TT bike to train on unlike his days @ Lotto. It would be nice to see him add yellow shorts and a yellow jersey to match his shoes in July.

Col-HTC won the teams classification because the combined times of their top riders were better than Shack's - doesn't have to be the same three riders. Col-HTC could have Monfort, Rogers and Pinotti come in with the front group one day, then lose 20 minutes the next day, and have three different riders in the front group the following day after losing 20 minutes, and they'd have no rider near the front of the GC but still be at the top of the teams classification. Shack usually had 3 up near the front, but it was usually the same 3, so they had those riders near the top of the GC.

Joey_J

BANNED
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Team classification

"I think it goes by adding the time of the first 3 from the team on each stage"

I always thought it came straight from the GC. Learn something new every day - Thanks.

Moose McKnuckles said:
I'm definitely happy to see Horner win. I was disappointed when he lost Romandie a few years ago in the TT, so it's nice to see him turn the tables and take the win in the TT here.

I did not expect Horner to win because he has never been a good time trialist. Valverde is not great either but he has always been able to perform when he needed to..

It is a good win for Horner, who has been wanting a big win ever since he came back to Europe. He is probably none to happy that Retirement Shack won't be at the Giro. He would not have had to target the GC. He could have aimed for stage wins while taking it easy during most stages so he could finish the Giro with a lot left in the tank.

I also think the win was pretty ludicrous. Riders like Levi, who should be over the hill, go back to the Hog and get better every year. The hill should be a distant bump in Horner's rear view mirror. Nearly forty and going head to head with Valverde, who is approaching his usual form for the Ardennes...preposterous.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Wow Peraud:

WOW. I'm excited to see him for the rest of the year. Move over Van Den Broeck at the Tour. Well, I guess we'll have to see how Peraud does on the big climbs, but I'm optimistic.

TRENDING THREADS