• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Vuelta al Pais Vasco

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, the day Spartacus crashed 5 times on hilly course which doesn't suit him and valverde had an absolute shocker in which he was over taken by rasmussen of all people!

Thanks Wonder,

Yes, that course suited Horner..today's Basque course suited Horner too.

Yes, Spartacus crashed and crashed, but Horner did not. What is your point? Horner is a better bike handler? Probably not:)

Has Valverde ever beaten Horner in a TT?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Yes, that course suited Horner..today's Basque course suited Horner too.

Yes, Spartacus crashed and crashed, but Horner did not. What is your point? Horner is a better bike handler? Probably not:)

Has Valverde ever beaten Horner in a TT?

yes, from cycling quotient their head to head is 10-5 in favour of valverde, without TTTs.

No words needed

Txurruka

amets_txurruka_could_not_start_600.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, the day Spartacus crashed 5 times on hilly course which doesn't suit him and valverde had an absolute shocker in which he was over taken by rasmussen of all people!

Thanks Wonder,

I saw the highlights to the stage at my hotel in France that day, and I just burst out laughing when Chicken passed Piti. This is the same Chicken who lost his 3rd spot to Ullrich, who barely had to break out a sweat to get 3rd, since Chicken handed it to him.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I saw the highlights to the stage at my hotel in France that day, and I just burst out laughing when Chicken passed Piti. This is the same Chicken who lost his 3rd spot to Ullrich, who barely had to break out a sweat to get 3rd, since Chicken handed it to him.

How many times have you been to the tour craig1985?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
in all fairness- congrats to Horner- he was the favorite in this last ITT- and well timed to sort of boost the morale of the sponsors. Interestingly enough to see how the "non-leaders" of the Shack are the ones getting the results.

theyoungest said:
He most definitely was not.

hfer07 said:
according to whom?

you're kidding right? how was horner a fav. for this?

this result indicates the obvious.

So what's all the controversy here? A suspected doper beat a known doper, third was another suspected doper and so on. Because consensus is, they are all (or nearly all) dopers. As the late great ravens pointed out in one of his few moments of lucidity, if we know they are all doping why do we have to comment each time one of them wins a race? Doesn't it stand to reason?

A

Anonymous

good to see ben swift listed in the results for the final stage.. not bad for a guy who wasnt in the race.

luckyboy said:
Bad luck for Txurruka :(

At least justice was kind of done. Well not justice, but what I wanted to happen.

You wanted Txurruka to crash out and get injured, robbing him of his first genuine career victory (as in that wasn't voted for by a jury)?

You must be either a huge, huge mark for Gonzalo Rabuñal, or hate the Basques, or hate Txurruka specifically, and either way I don't like it ;)

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
good to see ben swift listed in the results for the final stage.. not bad for a guy who wasnt in the race.

Thank God for that - he's on my Virtual Director Sportif team, and finishing a race he wasn't in was his best result for me so far. I also wisely selected Sastre, not knowing he was going to ride one test race plus the Giro:mad: