• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Astana Leader???

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Astana GC Leader 2011

• Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
ricco and vino in one team is like my wet dream

Your wet dream is a team led by dopers...

I thought everyone hated LA and the entire RS team because they were a team of dopers.

Now I am truly confused.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Squares said:
Your wet dream is a team led by dopers...

I thought everyone hated LA and the entire RS team because they were a team of dopers.

Now I am truly confused.

who cares about wether they doped or not?? they race more entertaining then the rest put together.

Astana could be in trouble

With Contador leaving, Astana might struggle trying to put together a decent team of riders and management team. With the troubles Astana has had in recent years (payroll, missed deadlines, etc.), without Contador or anyone considered as a strong DS, and especially if Vino asserts himself as the leader of the team, attracting quality riders will most likely be a problem.

They might even lose some of their sponsors without a certainty of a top Peloton name. Vino is still strong but for however long he continues to ride he is always going to be looked at as 'damaged goods'.