• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Cyclingnews Reader Poll

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Its not just Contador.. what about Rodriguez?

3rd on cq, 4th on ig markets, 4th on uci world rankings...

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Last year the 2010 TOC, the most boring and appauling race in cycling history, came 2nd in the "stage race of the year" catergory, ahead of the greatest grand tour of all time.

Call me elitist, but I look down on the people who produced this poll, and on those who made such absurd voting decisions last time (or maybe Polish voted 2000 times).

Contador was either the 3rd or 2nd best cyclist of the year. How he can be omitted from the top 9 is beyond me.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see Gilbert come 3rd in this poll btw. Maybe even 4th behind Wiggins.

Oh and look, USA Pro cycling challenge is on the "stage race of the year poll".

Pleeeeeeasse.

Im voting for Tirreno Adriatico for stage race of the year btw.

Oh and look, if you want to vote, you have to vote for crap like "best twitter personality", wtf.

I just vote for the first name on every poll I dont know the answer too, so that cycling news see the pattern that if you force people to answer the question, the first person alphabetically, wins.

And there are no write in candidates.

I wouldnt be surprised if the results were already rigged you know.

Not a free and fair election:p

Ha ha, as soon as i opened that poll and could not find AC i KNEW with 100% certinty that i could go to the forum and there would be a rant from The Hitch.

Dont worry mate. Im not having a go. Im with you... it is just nice to be right sometimes... even if this was a given. :)

FreeWheelin said:
Ha ha, as soon as i opened that poll and could not find AC i KNEW with 100% certinty that i could go to the forum and there would be a rant from The Hitch.

Dont worry mate. Im not having a go. Im with you... it is just nice to be right sometimes... even if this was a given. :)

Only 1/10th of my post was about Contador;)

just some guy said:
Martin P-N

Multiple ITT wins

Tour of Boredom in China and WC ITT

I think not

I know what Martin did, and Voeckler and Wiggins were also impressive, im just saying Levi was impressive too. The way he won that TDS was epic.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I know what Martin did, and Voeckler and Wiggins were also impressive, im just saying Levi was impressive too. The way he won that TDS was epic.

You said ahead of - LL had the best year in many many years and was a top performer not ahead of Martin

TeamSkyFans said:
Its not just Contador.. what about Rodriguez?

3rd on cq, 4th on ig markets, 4th on uci world rankings...

I allready mentioned him before in this thread. He could've been on the list, but he lacks a big win really. Podium in the hilly classics, but no win. Stage wins in stage races, but never won the stage race itself.
He was once again very consisthen through out the year, with the exception of the first 2 months, but they don't really matter anyways.

A

Anonymous

I would also like to know why "True Racing" isnt on the innovation list.

FreeWheelin said:
Do you think that you have more chance of winning if you answer Cavelo for best bike and best team?

Oh crap... I didn't think about that. I'm so naive.. should've voted for the Cervelo ofcourse. Since I have no clue what bike is the best I voted the Giant from Rabo pure because of national bias.

Not sure I'm going to bother this time. The obvious exclusions from the poll and the requirement that you have to vote in categories makes it too hard.

If only Contador admitted to doping to his federation/federal investigators/grand jury or had a staff member of his team caught with PEDs, then maybe he could have got a spot in the poll.

Ferminal said:
Not sure I'm going to bother this time. The obvious exclusions from the poll and the requirement that you have to vote in categories makes it too hard...

maltiv said:
Who on earth made this poll? Wonderlance? The American bias reaches a whole new level of stupidity...

Do you have to have "the right answers" (as opposed to random selections / default selections in case of disagreement) to win Tyler's bike? I thought it was just a random draw with perhaps a spin on the 25 words if there were more than one ticket pulled from the draw. Bit disappointed if so. :rolleyes:

Too bad you can't fill in user suggestions anymore like in the past.

Otherwise we could protest vote and put The Hitch up as a candidate for beste male cyclist of the year or something. Tour de Pologne as stage-race of the year and Japan Cup as one day race of the year...

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Too bad you can't fill in user suggestions anymore like in the past.

Otherwise we could protest vote and put The Hitch up as a candidate for beste male cyclist of the year or something. Tour de Pologne as stage-race of the year and Japan Cup as one day race of the year...

ACF for female cyclist of the year:p

John Gadret for team of the year.

Bustedknuckle said:
Levi has never won a 'Grand Tour'. Tour de Swiss is not a 'grand tour', Only 3 'Grand Tours'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Tour_(cycling)

He was talking about Tour of Colorado (aka Us pro cycling challenge) not of TDS.

Levi came 2nd in the biggest grand tour, losing to Horner.