• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 IAAF World Athletics Championships.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm very excited about the two American Medals in the 1500's. We may not be able to compete in the long stuff, but at least we do well in the races that can hold peoples attention span (coming from a 5k/10k guy).

Goo Lagat and Rupp in the 5000!

I think Farah has an edge after his narrow defeat in the 10k, and he was already a favorite. Lagat's finishing speed has been in question over the summer, but now that we know the guy who kicked him down is a bronze medalist, I'm not too worried. Should be a good race

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
7285bdf9c3d01b5c2ce4820f09fc7c0e-getty-122838642.jpg

Gold, Silver, Bronze ... for Felix

USA men just sprinted 37,8 in relay heats. They may have a chance to regain the crown

Update: Felix Medal No. 4 ... Gold in 4x100 relay. USA rules track, as it should be, always was... :)

Triple jump: US-Boy Taylor 17,96. Just one cm less than legend Willie Banks !!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Australia are by no means a powerhouse in athletics, but good to see Sally Pearson win gold in the 100m hurdles with a dominant display and in a PB and near WR time. She also beat two Americans to silver and bronze, both of whom also ran PBs.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
WR, so even w/o mistakes USA wasn´t going to win. But they lost a sure Silver if i look at the differences between 1st and 2nd. What a waste Patton is for US-Relays (as in Berlin 2009).

More Strides than Rides said:
To throw a piece for discussion, every athlete is being blood tested at the championships. Many dropped out in the last few weeks claiming new injuries. We'll see if it actually catches anyone at the meet, but I like it as a deterrent nonetheless

Cobblestoned said:
Jamaica - new WR :D

First and only WR in this worlds btw.

;)

I think it was a good championship. It was a little stained by some bad production, but provided some excitement and surprises the way a world champs should