• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Tour de France Stage 11: Blaye-les-Mines Lavaur 167.5 km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mewmewmew13 said:
I really don't think that Andy is actually going to win. He just seems bland to me so far, and if he's hiding his cards he's doing an excellent job.
Frank impresses me more.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to some other rider who will race his heart out.
Yes I think that Frank is always more willing to give it a go even when not in top form like in Pais Basco this year.

The Hitch said:
I already read it mate. My posting frequency does make it look like i respond to every post i read but that is not the case.

I agree with what you said. We both love Nibali on a forum which claims he cant even beat Jurgen Vandenbrouke. He is a legend who loves cycling, does the Giro and Vuelta doesnt care if he misses the Tour, works for his team when asked to do so, has the balls to attack anywhere and everywhere and bases his season around races which dont suit him, and smiles about it.

Any chance to bring this up, show videos of him attacking and tell the world about his greatness is one worth taking.
I'm also a fan of Nibali. He play it to his strenghts and had the balls to throw everything he could to Contador in the descent of Giau. And his efforts in San Remo amazed a lot because the race isn't really suited to him, really impressive.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Jurgen van den Broeck looked very strong this year. He even said he was going to make it on the podium. Might not win a lot, but you don't need to win a lot to beat Nibali in GC.

A

Anonymous

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Seriously, stop trolling, I know you've followed cycling for more than just this month so don't post crap you know to be untrue.

Cav today was still, even with Renshaw, a long way from his best.

Go watch the Bourdeaux stage from last year, or Paris, to see Cav on form, winning by 5 or 10 bike lengths, all on his own.

As far as I can tell, this is not 2010...yep, checked the calendar, and it isn't. (psssst, tell you a secret, I also knew because Armstrong isn't riding). Fact is that without Renshaw this year, Cav is not the man he was last year, he is beatable. Ergo, my point remains, without Renshaw, Cav is not the same sprinter.

Toodles all, thanks for playing!!!

A

Anonymous

Mambo95 said:
Renshaw is certainly a big asset, but he's won at least eight Tour stages without him.

Not this year...and in reality, he is much better with Renshawn in any year. Fact is that Renshaw is the single best final lead-out man in the peloton IMO. Again, Cav would have fewer wins without him in particular. No way around it. Hey, stop being so nationalistic all, and look at it as me complementing Renshaw instead. You Brits can be so touchy...