• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Vuelta a España Stage 20: Bilbao → Vitoria, 185km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
At least 1 battle still to go tomorrow. Top sprinters Mollema vs Rodriguez

LMAO.
Sagan looks to be spent. Hope he can gather enough strength to challenge tomorrow for another stage. If not, I'll settle for Txurruka to do a Vino Champs-Elysees type attack.:D

I must admit I'm a big fan of Bennati. Three years ago it looked like he was the only one who could match cavendish. Things haven't been going quite right for him these last years, but I really hope he'll be the leader for Italy in the worlds. Also, he'll win again tomorrow..

May 27, 2010
Visit site
GVA could have done well considering the competition. He was well placed in the last few km. I dont know how he managed to finish all the way back. Thanks to his awful positioning
Double Sprint Fail by BMC today:(

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
GVA could have done well considering the competition. He was well placed in the last few km. I dont know how he managed to finish all the way back. Thanks to his awful positioning

BMC sprinters seem to have one thing in common, they get to near the front far too soon, get swamped by sprinters trains, end up way too far back and end up nowhere near winning.

dlwssonic said:

Well placed but awfully positioned? Can't say I noticed him in there, but I think he's just not fast enough.

The organisers will have to figure out a way of guaranteeing Rodriguez the green jersey. Perhaps they can move the finish line mid-stage, add an extra lap or simply just order the DS's to order their teams to keep going round and round till the required result is achieved. :rolleyes:

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Well placed but awfully positioned? Can't say I noticed him in there, but I think he's just not fast enough.

He was very close to the front with a couple of kilometers to go then went backwards. I agree that he is not fast enough to beat Bennati but a top 5 was certainly possible.

wirral said:
The organisers will have to figure out a way of guaranteeing Rodriguez the green jersey. Perhaps they can move the finish line mid-stage, add an extra lap or simply just order the DS's to order their teams to keep going round and round till the required result is achieved. :rolleyes:
What the hell are you talking about.

PS: I'm cheating right now! I can't help it, it's in my genes.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I am happy for Benna to win. However, it seems a finish group without sprinters is the only way he is able to win these days... petacchi much faster currently (others of course).

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
killswitch said:
Just looked at his site. He's not even 80 kgs. :confused: This would be easy if Rujano and Jens Mouris were participating.

I'd guess lightest would be Duarte. Martin the heaviest ? Know he abandoned, but until then. Would thought it was between Martin or Grabsch.

killswitch said:
Just looked at his site. He's not even 80 kgs. :confused: This would be easy if Rujano and Jens Mouris were participating.
2009_dauphine_libere_stage4_time_trial_bert_grabsch_wins.jpg

How is this guy not even 80 kgs? He looks closer to 90!

TRENDING THREADS