• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Vuelta a Espana, Stage 21: Circuito del Jarama - Madrid, 94km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm not sure I like this way to end the Vuelta. The champs elysees is usually fun, but that doesn't mean the vuelta must imitate it every year. A short TT like in Milano would be fun. Or something else entirely.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Descender said:
Just finish somewhere else, you don't have to finish in Madrid every year... that being said, next year or in 2013 they're going to finish on the Canary Islands.

A finish in Basque Country would have been great

Descender said:
Just finish somewhere else, you don't have to finish in Madrid every year... that being said, next year or in 2013 they're going to finish on the Canary Islands.

A long, hilly stage where you might actually win or lose the race might be nice. They have finished in san sebastian before, for instance?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Some last meters of pulling for Herrn Lang. :(

Bye, bye Seppel. Great domestique and very stylish on his bike, especially on his TT bike.
Don't really know if this is his last raceday, but I think so.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Gogulski (commentator) just attributed Froome's sudden turnaround to coaching from Bobby Julich. Interesting.

On the question of this stage in Madrid, I like it. They do need to do something more selective in the last week, though.

TRENDING THREADS