• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Gilbert:Genghis Khan-like total annihilation of the classics?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which of those races will be freshly put in Phil's palmares this season?

• Giro dell'Emilia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
well you are right with each to thier own opinion.

I find the excitiment for specific stages or races ussually climaxes around the steepest climbs to be honest, if cn is to be measured anyway. Go figure. It's easier to associate attack with explosivness i suppose, as distance can be covered more quickly. But I don't think that makes it more impressive, and in the past I have found the attacks on steep terrain to leave a lasting impression.

I thought Basso and Evans on the Zoncalan was great viewing. Evans hanging on for grim death for as long as possible. Basso was incredible that day. Typically gutsy ride by Evans. Even though Rodriguez, Contador and Gilbert are the most explosive I still like to watch riders grinding away. Evans on the Galibier on both stages in 2011 TDF was another good example. He may not have been at the front but his reaction saved the race for him and it was great viewing especially also with Schleck going for broke out in front. Valverde and Cunego are pretty explosive too. Cunego in TDS last year was great viewing also

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
You call me jealous? Or are you trying to make you jealous because cycling and maybe tennis are the only sports that Belgium is better at than Holland?:p:p

Tennis for shure and i would say that currently we are also better in basketball, volleyball and obviously cyclocross, plus probably a whole bunch of other sports...

Time to pick up the olympic medal tables

summer games 08
22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands (NED) 7 5 4 16
22px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium (BEL) 1 1 0 2

winter games 10
22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands (NED) 4 1 3 8belgium = no score

k thx bai :D

ofcourse belgium is a much bigger cyclist country than hte netherlands certainly in terms of succes.
But that doesn't mean we can't criticise Gilbert and then get the "youre just jealous" answer every time. It's tiresome

El Pistolero said:
I don't care for all those sports, I only care for cycling: this is a cycling forum and your posts just smell of jealousy.
Why? I don't have an obsession with Belgium like you have with the Netherlands.. I really couldn't care less if they win every race out there

I do hold a grudge against coucke and omega pharma tho

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you do care about Dutch cyclists winning races ;)

Yeah, grudge against a loyal sponsor that wants to put his cash in cycling? Lol... I bet you believe they supply their own stuff to their team. Boonen better watch out, he might test positive for a pregnancy test. :eek:

ofcourse i want dutch riders to win races. but if that's really all I'd care about I'd stopped watching the sport years ago don't you think??? Most of all I love cycling and I love good races.

You're the obsessive one turning every discussion to Holland vs Belgium when there's a dutch guy involved in the discussion or when it's about a belgian rider and a dutch poster comments on it. You're a huge calimero with a inferioty complex and i'm sorry to say its vaguele pathetic. I wish you could talk about cycling and belgian riders normally

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Erm, I barely ever talk about Dutch cyclists lol. You on the other hand talk a lot more crap about Belgians :eek:

I wish you would stop making fun of someone's misery, but that's not going to happen any time soon I think. When I look through mine and your posts, I see a big difference to the lies you're telling now. :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I don't laugh with cyclists when they're going through a hard time. Did I laugh with Boom during the Ronde? Did I laugh with Langeveld's crash? Nope and nope. The only thing I laugh with are Rabobank's tactics.

In fact, I went through 6 pages of my posts and the only time I mentioned a Dutch rider was to comment on how good Langeveld is. :eek:

It's funny though, considering I'm an active poster on Wielerflits, and I almost never have any problems with the posters there. I think it's just in your imagination :eek: Oh and I know who you are there xD Still figuring out who theyoungest is there though...

El Pistolero said:
Nope, I don't laugh with cyclists when they're going through a hard time. Did I laugh with Boom during the Ronde? Did I laugh with Langeveld's crash? Nope and nope. The only thing I laugh with are Rabobank's tactics.

In fact, I went through 6 pages of my posts and the only time I mentioned a Dutch rider was to comment on how good Langeveld is. :eek:
Now go back and count how many times you mentioned the word "Dutch" or "Dutchies". My guess is a lot. Conclusion: you have an obsession with Holland, because as a cycling nation we don't amount to much, so if you mention us so often it has to be about something else.

TRENDING THREADS