• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 13: Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux → Le Cap d'Agde (217 km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure they would have asked EBH beforehand whether he fancied his chances. They wouldn't have bothered otherwise and it would have been pretty rotten of them not to try given the work he's done for the team to date.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Montanus said:
EBH took a lot of wind for Wiggo and didn't have much left in the sprint. Not sure he would have much of a chance anyway.

Nicely done by Wiggo, he wanted to give EBH a chance to win.

Exactly if you want to set up EBH to win why let him doing so much pulling, last minute decision by SKY??

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yawn. Underwhelming despite the presence of wind and a steep 10%, but misplaced, climb.

Another sprint stage. 4th for greipel now? Didn't cav set the record with 5 stage wins? Greipel could take another one...

Sky already trying to divvy up the stage wins to thank teammates. A little early, but there's hardly any competition to stop them from doing it.

Good dig by vdb2 and Evans, and surprised to see wiggins could handle such a climb. Next year flèche wallonne for him.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Exactly if you want to set up EBH to win why let him doing so much pulling, last minute decision by SKY??

Probably, yellow first priority, and the wind was quiet hard. Then when there are just some kilometers left sky feels more secure and can let EBH try to go for it.

I quite liked that stage- it reminded me of the 2010 WC. It had Morkov in the break, Evans attacking, Wiggins working for EBH and the Gorilla winning- without being delivered to the line fully by his team, which was great.
I also loved the return of Vino and the fact Albasini accompanied him.

Goss is out of the green jersey race now.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Only the CN forums would lambast the yellow jersey for trying to lead out one of his teammates in a sprint. Or maybe it's just the typical mob turning on a strong team.

Bala Verde said:
Yawn. Underwhelming despite the presence of wind and a steep 10%, but misplaced, climb.

Another sprint stage. 4th for greipel now? Didn't cav set the record with 5 stage wins? Greipel could take another one...

Sky already trying to divvy up the stage wins to thank teammates. A little early, but there's hardly any competition to stop them from doing it.

Good dig by vdb2 and Evans, and surprised to see wiggins could handle such a climb. Next year flèche wallonne for him.

Considering it was a sprint stage, how on earth can you 'yawn' at this. It's was brilliant racing from 40 km out. Right from Mørkøv's great attack, over the massive hill and right to the exellent riding in the wind at the last part of the stage with two stong riders almost taking it.

Sometimes I have no clue about what people really expect of cycling races in here. I mean.. Really.

Bala Verde said:

Cavendish took 6 in 2009

May 27, 2010
Visit site
PhiberAwptik said:
Only the CN forums would lambast the yellow jersey for trying to lead out one of his teammates in a sprint. Or maybe it's just the typical mob turning on a strong team.

I can't remember people turning on OPQS at the classics this year:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS