• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 13: Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux → Le Cap d'Agde (217 km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just wonder how can Liquigas justify the state of form of 7 remaining riders in the TdF, it´s supposed to be the top race of the season for every1, including domestiques, yet those 7 are having a walk-out holiday in France

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
dabaideschbi said:
If sagan started his sprint a little bit before he could have won pretty easily! It's a pity :(

exactly ... :( at least it was fair sprint by Greipel (unlike Goss yesterday).Gz to him for 3rd win.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Considering it was a sprint stage, how on earth can you 'yawn' at this. It's was brilliant racing from 40 km out. Right from Mørkøv's great attack, over the massive hill and right to the exellent riding in the wind at the last part of the stage with two stong riders almost taking it.

Morkov who blew himself up on top of the mont Clair and then still had 23k to go?

Or when 50% of the peloton sat up when BMC tried to catch wiggins by surprise in the cross winds?

Or vino attacking with 7km out, with the lotto train chasing him and his companion? The last time that worked....

Or when LLS went with only 4k to go? Suicide attempt from a team that desparerately needs a stage win and doesn't know where to find it, although it was doomed from the moment he jumped from the peloton.

Yawn. Yes.

As I said, the only I the resting part was when Evans and vdb2 attacked on the mont Clair, but even that was hopeless, with 23k of flat to go afterwards.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hayabusa said:
Cavendish took 6 in 2009

Thanks.

I wonder if greipel has a chance of equalling that performance. Would be a great breakthrough for him.

There are at least 3 stages that suit him, including the champs élysées.

Bala Verde said:
Yawn. Underwhelming despite the presence of wind and a steep 10%, but misplaced, climb.

Another sprint stage. 4th for greipel now? Didn't cav set the record with 5 stage wins? Greipel could take another one...

Sky already trying to divvy up the stage wins to thank teammates. A little early, but there's hardly any competition to stop them from doing it.

Good dig by vdb2 and Evans, and surprised to see wiggins could handle such a climb. Next year flèche wallonne for him.

Did you even watch the last 30 kilometres? Very entertaining imo. Probably the third best stage this year so far.

Anyway, no, it's Greipel's third, not fourth, stage win this year. The record is eight stage wins in one Tour, by the way. A record shared by three riders: Pelissier, Merckx (twice) and Maertens.

DominicDecoco said:
Considering it was a sprint stage, how on earth can you 'yawn' at this. It's was brilliant racing from 40 km out. Right from Mørkøv's great attack, over the massive hill and right to the exellent riding in the wind at the last part of the stage with two stong riders almost taking it.

Sometimes I have no clue about what people really expect of cycling races in here. I mean.. Really.

I agree for once :eek:

As a sprint stage it was very good. We were due for a sprint stage too.

Bala Verde said:
Morkov who blew himself up on top of the mont Clair and then still had 23k to go?

Or when 50% of the peloton sat up when BMC tried to catch wiggins by surprise in the cross winds?

Or vino attacking with 7km out, with the lotto train chasing him and his companion? The last time that worked....

Or when LLS went with only 4k to go? Suicide attempt from a team that desparerately needs a stage win and doesn't know where to find it, although it was doomed from the moment he jumped from the peloton.

Yawn. Yes.

As I said, the only I the resting part was when Evans and vdb2 attacked on the mont Clair, but even that was hopeless, with 23k of flat to go afterwards.

That's because you only care about the GC. Who cares if the odds are against the attackers? It's still great racing.

I seriously feel for you that you can't enjoy cycling like this. I really do.

Bala, when you looked at the profile before the start of the stage what did you seriously expect?

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Thanks.

I wonder if greipel has a chance of equalling that performance. Would be a great breakthrough for him.

There are at least 3 stages that suit him, including the champs élysées.

Merckx won 8 stages twice. Maertens has done it once.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

Yawn. Yes.

Hindsight's always 20/20 isn't it?

It seems that at least some people here was excited by Vino and Albasini.
And Lulu's attack looked like it might stick until Sky chose to ride for EBH.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
That's because you only care about the GC. Who cares if the odds are against the attackers? It's still great racing.

I seriously feel for you that you can't enjoy cycling like this. I really do.

Thanks for you concern. You should also capitalize on your ability to read people's mind. You could have a great career.

I voiced my opinion and you disagree.thats all there is to it, no need to get personal.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

Vino attacked when there was no unity who was going to pull. It was a good attack. Then Greipel conntected and lotto started chasing.

TRENDING THREADS