• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour de France: Stage 9: Arc-et-Senans → Besançon (ITT) (41.5 km)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
goggalor said:
Looks like no yellow helmets tomorrow, yay!

As I pointed out thousand times yesterday I think. RSNT is the only team at Tour to refuse the yellow helmets ;)

ASO encouraged all accept the rule, but it wasn't obligatory. RSNT didn't go with it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Warhawk said:
He's still young. He outdid Rein yesterday, too, despite it being trendy to say Rein is a far better climber (Rein is better, just not by as much as people like to suggest around here). I think he's got potential, a bit early to give up on him as a climber yet. Maybe he can learn a few things from Cadel.

Isn't Rein less consistent? One day he rides with the best i.e. up the planche de belles filles. The next day he pays the consequences?

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
As I pointed out thousand times yesterday I think. RSNT is the only team at Tour to refuse the yellow helmets ;)

ASO encouraged all accept the rule, but it wasn't obligatory. RSNT didn't go with it.
Yes, and with Rogers clocking in 2:23 behind Cance, and Jensie and Klödi both having solid rides RSNT should have the yellow numbers tomorrow.

Edit: Unless Froome and Wiggo both absolutely kill it. Which definitely could happen.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:

In that case I will support Radioshack's bid to win the team competition so we remain a yellow helmetless society.

Bala Verde said:
Isn't Rein less consistent? One day he rides with the best i.e. up the planche de belles filles. The next day he pays the consequences?

And on the flip side, Tejay completely fell apart on Belles Filles, then very nearly ended up with the lead group yesterday (he was pretty much the last guy to get dropped and lost a bunch of time on the descent, if he'd been able to latch onto the RSNT train that bridged the gap right before the summit, he would have picked up about a minute.

I think part of it is that I just don't like Tejay on a steep mountain finish. Along similar lines, I think he probably needs to ride smarter on the mountains. I've seem him gas himself on occasion via bad strategy.