• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of California May 13 Stage 1: Santa Rosa - Santa Rosa 186.5 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bavarianrider said:
In terms of coverage they are light years ahead of all othe races.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The coverage is absolutely excellent (when they're not cutting the finish to go to hockey pre-game or not showing anything but the last km from a static camera like in 2010, though to be fair a lot of that wasn't the AToC broadcasters' fault), and a lot of races at the same level (.HC races, so non-World Tour events) but "light years" ahead of "all" the other races?

That's Andrew Messick-level hyperbole. Take something that's good, and act like it will single-handedly unite Israel and Palestine.

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The coverage is absolutely excellent (when they're not cutting the finish to go to hockey pre-game or not showing anything but the last km from a static camera like in 2010, though to be fair a lot of that wasn't the AToC broadcasters' fault), and a lot of races at the same level (.HC races, so non-World Tour events) but "light years" ahead of "all" the other races?

That's Andrew Messick-level hyperbole. Take something that's good, and act like it will single-handedly unite Israel and Palestine.

I think he was talking about the Tour Tracker specifically, not Versus or whatever they're called now

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
The coverage last year was terrible. They couldn't get a signal for most of the race.

Are we talking about the same race...

I watched it on this Radioshack stream/coverage, and I have watched well over a thousand video streams on a whole variety of sports and that one was certainly one of the best and the coverage was just as good.

The Tour tracker is good, but it's only one facet.
Bavariantroller is on a mission to BIG up Cali and knock the Giro.

Fact is: German races that get live coverage are way ahead of the rest.
(or at least were, until Koln got the chop)
Start to finish.

Bavarianrider said:
With coverage i mean the live ticker side , too. Awsome compared to anything esle. And they fact that theay broadcast themselves is great, too. Which other race does that?

Every Superprestige cyclocross race, for starters.

Also Milan-San Remo and the Giro, since the Gazzetta feed is the official one. Given that ETB are official partners, you could count País Vasco and San Sebastián too.

The Tour Tracker thing for California combines these fairly uniquely (I don't see that it's any different from the Superprestige coverage though).