• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of Utah, Stage 6; Park City to Park City

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
General classification after stage 5
Result
1 Johann Tschopp (Sui) Bmc Racing Team 18:18:49
2 Christian Vande Velde (Usa) Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda 0:00:38
3 Matthew Busche (Usa) Radioshack-Nissan-Trek 0:00:43
4 Leopold Koenig (Cze) Team Netapp 0:00:53
5 Joseph Dombrowski (Usa) Bontrager Livestrong Team 0:00:58
6 Ian Boswell (Usa) Bontrager Livestrong Team 0:01:03
7 Christopher Horner (Usa) Radioshack-Nissan-Trek 0:01:19
8 Lucas Euser (Usa) Team Spidertech P/B C10 0:01:21
9 Peter Stetina (Usa) Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda 0:01:22
10 Mathias Frank (Sui) Bmc Racing Team 0:01:24

http://tourofutah.com/2012/stage-6
for route, profile and results link. Reheck the results of stage 5 as I've seen them change overnight.

Stage 6 at 123.5 kms will throw a final climb of about 11kms with a gain of 1340 meters before a rapid descent back into Park City that will offer no real flat to regroup. A very good descent will make or break it for any who top it well. Don't forget the earlier Wolf Creek Road climb of 4 K, but with a sector of 22%. If you loose much contact here, it will be the end of the day for those who are vying to compete on the last climb.

I could dirve all night I could make it there about by 10 am. Don't count on it. I'll be on the tracker.;)

The site says 12:10 start time MST or 2:10 EST for a start time.

http://tourtracker.tourofutah.com/

for streaming coverage

These are really some of the most beautiful areas. The Wolf Creek / Woodland area has some stunning mansions. Stallone has a place there.

The climbs will be relatively remote until they cross the final KOM and descend down. After the start of descent, there is a little 10% climb up the Guardsman Connector, only about 200m long though.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
These are really some of the most beautiful areas. The Wolf Creek / Woodland area has some stunning mansions. Stallone has a place there.

The climbs will be relatively remote until they cross the final KOM and descend down. After the start of descent, there is a little 10% climb up the Guardsman Connector, only about 200m long though.

I am hoping for some real aggression on Wolf Creek. Do you know if the 22 percent section has any real length to it?

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's really hard to believe the peloton, or what is left of the GC unit, is not coming up. Very hard to tell. Too few cameras. Here we go. No idea of the gap.:confused:

I guess so. Nice attack.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Just looked up the final climb, it's pretty darn steep for American standards right?

If it's al ready shattered like this, the final climb should really do the trick.

The stream is being annoying though for me.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Just looked up the final climb, it's pretty darn steep for American standards right?

If it's al ready shattered like this, the final climb should really do the trick.

The stream is being annoying though for me.

They where talking about problems with the plane. I think the FAA here requires them to fly higher above the peaks. Or maybe low budget transmitters....

Not good.

Here we go. Talking about the the last climb. Hence my current signature.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Last year I really liked the Tour of Utah a lot more than Colorado, especially because of the mentioned climbs. Even though the broadcast is often confusing.

This year. I think it will be the same.... Utah >> Colorado

Colorado is so disappointing to me becasue I know the stuff is there.

TRENDING THREADS