• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Tour of Utah, Stage 6; Park City to Park City

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Tour of Utah is a great race.

California and Colorado made me think USA had only boring races, but Tour of Utah was very exciting.

I don't mind globalisation of cycling, if it looks like this. :)

(well, not very much)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:

California and Colorado made me think USA had only boring races, but Tour of Utah was very exciting.

(well, not very much)

I been preaching it all along. Utah defeats the in-town finish method. Except it works on this descent into Park City.

theyoungest said:
He didn't get dropped on the descent...

Then I must have missed something. I saw a slight pitch uphill in the final downhill where he got dropped. But on the next image he was back on. And then another part later, which was very fast downhill, he was dropped again. So unless I've missed another slight pitch uphill. I don't think so. But whatever...

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Then I must have missed something. I saw a slight pitch uphill in the final downhill where he got dropped. But on the next image he was back on. And then another part later, which was very fast downhill, he was dropped again. So unless I've missed another slight pitch uphill. I don't think so. But whatever...
He initially rode away a bit, then got caught, and then dropped on a short hill.

theyoungest said:
He initially rode away a bit, then got caught, and then dropped on a short hill.

That was the short in the downhill I was referring to above. Then the next image he was definitely back on again. It was pretty much near the end of the downhill he was dropped again, and that was on a very fast downhill part.

edit: my feelings confirmed

” Daar bleef het niet bij, want nadat hij in de afdaling door een stuurfoutje achterop was geraakt, maar toch weer terugkeerde, had de Brabander nog voldoende macht over voor een felle sprint." (rabosport.nl)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
Great result for Busche. Hopefully he can get the hell away from Radioshack after this season.

Busche comes from a running back ground. He has not been racing bikes that long. I think he has a bright future.

This RadioShack Nissan Team I like. Horner is unselfish and admitted after Stage 1 he was tired and did have good power. Yesterday confirmed that, but Horner helped Matt on the last climb. After appearing to be dropped, they came back up. Busche may have known the climb. Horner had his Grand Fondo last weekend and I don't recall him ever doing this race before. He took that descent with room to spare at the back. Probably the first time he's done it.

I was especially impressed, however, by Tschopp all through this race.

Maaaaaaaarten said:

(well, not very much)

Well I think ToC has improved over the last 2 years. Well specially last year was a good race.
This year had some flaws with lots of climbs midway stages, but Sagan liked it :)

Colorado has a lot of space to improve. Last year was there first year and they overestimated the difficulty of long climbs at 3000m with an average of 3-4%. Just wasn't hard enough to cause big gaps.

TRENDING THREADS