• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Stage 2

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
User Guide said:
Man the commentators are mellow by well certainly P+P standards:p
I like the tour tracker/stream too.
More smaller races should do something similar.
Are you listening ToB and womens racing

It have bad news. It goes over to P+P in 30 minutes.

They are more dramatic for the common folk. Not for us cynics.;)

I should also add they start the helo pictures about then as well.

BillytheKid said:
Yes, that's a nice short uphill from what I understand. I still would like to see a Mesa Verde, Hesperas, Purgatory, Coal Bank, Molas and a Red Mountain top finish stage, but that might have had yielded 25 DNFs to start.
A Mesa Verde mtn top finish would be awesome. A really steep climb of close to 2000 vert.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
dgodave said:
A Mesa Verde mtn top finish would be awesome. A really steep climb of close to 2000 vert.

It would make a nice uphill ITT as well. I driven up to visit several times (no bike :() I remember thinking this would be fun.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Announcers talking about a rumor of the tour of Utah and the US pro Challenge combining a little bit ago. Add in California and we have a 4th grand tour. :D

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Neal Rodgers: "the sweet sounds of Phil Ligget & paul Sherwin" coming shortly :(

Trivia: Gunnison is the home of MTB legend Dave Weins

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Not sure why the peloton are working quite so hard at this stage.
Strung out, but certainly no crosswind.

from Tour Tracker:

There are some considerable crosswinds out there on the road at this point. Gap now at 4:25 to the breakaway riders.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Just doesnt look right Jens sat on the back of a break all day not drilling at the front:confused:
Ok cpl teams have more than 1 rider,but that not normally stop Jens

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
P and P are back, time to mute the feed.

User Guide said:
Just doesnt look right Jens sat on the back of a break all day not drilling at the front:confused:
Ok cpl teams have more than 1 rider,but that not normally stop Jens

Don't worry, he's just playing it smart, waiting for the right moment to strike. and solo away for the win ;)

Deagol said:
from Tour Tracker:

There are some considerable crosswinds out there on the road at this point. Gap now at 4:25 to the breakaway riders.

That's why I said they were strung out, in single file.
I'd have thought, with any sort of crosswinds, we'd have seen echelons.
Maybe they though there was wind and there wasn't.

TRENDING THREADS