• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 USA Pro Cycling Challenge, Stage 2

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
User Guide said:
Man the commentators are mellow by well certainly P+P standards:p
I like the tour tracker/stream too.
More smaller races should do something similar.
Are you listening ToB and womens racing

It have bad news. It goes over to P+P in 30 minutes.

They are more dramatic for the common folk. Not for us cynics.;)

I should also add they start the helo pictures about then as well.

BillytheKid said:
Yes, that's a nice short uphill from what I understand. I still would like to see a Mesa Verde, Hesperas, Purgatory, Coal Bank, Molas and a Red Mountain top finish stage, but that might have had yielded 25 DNFs to start.
A Mesa Verde mtn top finish would be awesome. A really steep climb of close to 2000 vert.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
dgodave said:
A Mesa Verde mtn top finish would be awesome. A really steep climb of close to 2000 vert.

It would make a nice uphill ITT as well. I driven up to visit several times (no bike :() I remember thinking this would be fun.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Announcers talking about a rumor of the tour of Utah and the US pro Challenge combining a little bit ago. Add in California and we have a 4th grand tour. :D

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Neal Rodgers: "the sweet sounds of Phil Ligget & paul Sherwin" coming shortly :(

Trivia: Gunnison is the home of MTB legend Dave Weins

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Not sure why the peloton are working quite so hard at this stage.
Strung out, but certainly no crosswind.

from Tour Tracker:

There are some considerable crosswinds out there on the road at this point. Gap now at 4:25 to the breakaway riders.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Just doesnt look right Jens sat on the back of a break all day not drilling at the front:confused:
Ok cpl teams have more than 1 rider,but that not normally stop Jens

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
P and P are back, time to mute the feed.

User Guide said:
Just doesnt look right Jens sat on the back of a break all day not drilling at the front:confused:
Ok cpl teams have more than 1 rider,but that not normally stop Jens

Don't worry, he's just playing it smart, waiting for the right moment to strike. and solo away for the win ;)

Deagol said:
from Tour Tracker:

There are some considerable crosswinds out there on the road at this point. Gap now at 4:25 to the breakaway riders.

That's why I said they were strung out, in single file.
I'd have thought, with any sort of crosswinds, we'd have seen echelons.
Maybe they though there was wind and there wasn't.