• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Volta ao Algarve

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Westra wanted to do really well here. But something embarassing went wrong because he says on twitter he doesn't want to tell what it was.

I think he probably forgot some crucial material (like shoes or something), or he was simply too late? (overconcentrated on warm up?) :eek:

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Westra wanted to do really well here. But something embarassing went wrong because he says on twitter he doesn't want to tell what it was.

I think he probably forgot some crucial material (like shoes or something), or he was simply too late? (overconcentrated on warm up?) :eek:

So he didn't actually even start?! :eek:

This site has him as a DNF but no other sites have him listed at all so I suspected he may have been a DNS.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
Would that be so embarrassing? Perhaps he simply had to shit really bad, wouldn't be the first time that happens to an athlete during competition :p

He's probably made things even worse for himself with people now guessing what it may be! :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Who would of thought, theyoungest was right. Westra got anal probed and couldn't find a good tt position on his bike anymore because he was too butt hurt.

El Pistolero said:
Who would of thought, theyoungest was right. Westra got anal probed and couldn't find a good tt position on his bike anymore because he was too butt hurt.
misc-you-dont-say.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
very disappointing performance by machado, costa just rode as expected.

no wonder kloden says machado needs to learn a lot mentally. . . he completely failed under the pressure of such a small race :eek:
is machado really known as being a good or potentially good time triallist?