• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a Burgos (2.HC) 1-5 Aug

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
http://www.vueltaburgos.com/2012/index.asp

The calendar changes forced by the Olympics has shifted the race to one week before its usual dates

5 stages, 775 kms, 3 punchy finishes, 1 MTF, no TT, (WTF? not even the freakin' downhill TTT we had last year!) and who knows if some cross winds.

8 UCI ProTour Teams: Movistar, Euskaltel, Katusha, Sky, Rabobank, FDJ, Orica GreenEdge and Liguigas
8 ProConti Teams: Andalucia, Caja Rural, Androni, Aqua&Sapone, Colombia Coldeportes, Saur Sojasun, Argos Shimano, Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator
2 Conti Teams: Burgos, Orbea

The official web site does not list individual riders, but we can guess that Vuelta contenders who did not start or complete the Tour will be there warming up their engines for the last GT of the season.

LIVE STREAM: There will be a live stream that can be accessed from the race site. Don't know if it will be georestricted, though. Just click on each stage and then go to the 'RETRANSMISIÓN EN DIRECTO' link

1st stage (1st Aug) Miranda de Ebro-Complejo Kástico Ojo Guareña (135kms)

Punchy finish

Perfil1.jpg

2nd stage (2nd Aug) Burgos-Burgos (Castillo de Burgos) (141kms)

Another punchy finish. Unlike last year, consecutive climbs to the castle will be far apart from each other.

Perfil2.jpg

3rd stage (3rd Aug) Santo Domingo de Silos-Lerma (159kms)

One for the sprinters

Perfil3.jpg

4th stage (4th Aug) Doña Santos-Ciudad Romana de Clunia (170kms)

Again, one for the puncheurs

Perfil4.jpg

I love this race so much. They've even beefed up the queen stage! I didn't know how they were exactly going to make the Neila stage any better; it's one of the most ergonomically perfect pieces of course design in the sport.

That said, I am disappointed in the lack of a TT, because the gaps opened up by those short-mid TTs usually create the right balance to ensure fireworks on the way to the lakes.

indeed di luca is in very good form but maybe he wants to peak for lombardia?although in the old days,a three months peaking time was nothing strange to him.i hope he will take a stage

i expect the colombians to own this race big time,chaves especially

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Clunia! I loved that awards presentation last year.

Is it likely to be very hot?

hoerpi said:
If Landa finds the form from Burgos 2011...

He was so good last year! He's probably going to the Vuelta this year so he might not peak for this race but it's also possible he'll get leadership here?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Gesink seems to be an obvious favourite, especially seeing his form of the Olmypics.

BUut Rodriguez, Mollema or Henao could also easily take this.

Also Anton, Atapuma, Betancur, Di Luca.....

Many good climbers here. :D

So many good climbers partipating, should be good. Stage profiles look great as well. Is there usually any livestreams? Jon Aberasturi of Orbea to take the GC win in a breakaway on stage 3 :cool:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Is Nairo doing this?

Quintana? Nope

MOVISTAR TEAM

ARROYO DURAN David Spain
BRUSEGHIN Marzio Italy
CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan Spain
LASTRAS GARCIA Pablo Spain
LOPEZ GARCIA David Spain
MORENO BAZAN Javier Spain
PARDILLA BELLON Sergio Spain
VISCONTI Giovanni Italy

CasperVg said:
Is there usually any livestreams?

Usually covered by TDP and ETB-Sat. So even if you can't find any live coverage you'll be able to watch the full coverage of ETB's videodrome later. They still have more than an hour's coverage of each stage in 2011 in there.

Equipos World Tour:
Katyusha Team
Movistar Team
Sky Professional Cycling Team
Orica-GreenEdge
FDJ-BigMat
Euskaltel-Euskadi
Liquigas-Cannondale
Rabobank

Equipos Continentales Professionales:
Caja Rural
Andalucía
Androni Giocattoli-Venezuela
Argos-Shimano
Acqua e Sapone
Colombia-Coldeportes
Saur-Sojasun
TopSport Vlaanderen

Equipos Continentales:
Orbea
Burgos-BH

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Mogwai_ said:
Quintana? Nope

MOVISTAR TEAM

ARROYO DURAN David Spain
BRUSEGHIN Marzio Italy
CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan Spain
LASTRAS GARCIA Pablo Spain
LOPEZ GARCIA David Spain
MORENO BAZAN Javier Spain
PARDILLA BELLON Sergio Spain
VISCONTI Giovanni Italy

Castroviejo is listed to race the Olympics ITT, so no Burgos for him.

Chaves and Landa will be good to see here. However i think it will be one of JROD or Moreno, with maybe Di Luca and Betancur.

I wonder if Sella/ Monsalve and Uran can also challenge.

Surprised by Cobo not starting it. From OGE i expect Simon Clarke to maybe get a stage.

Argos Shimano: Dumulin, Frohlinger,Hupont, Geniez, Damuseau, Ludvingson, Doi y Ji

Colombia Coldeportes, Atapuma, Chalapud, Chaves, Forero, González, Ospina, Pamtano y Rodriguez

Aqua&Sapone: Betancur, Codol, Dí Lucha, Donati, Garzelli, Miholjevic, Red y Taborre

Androni Giocattoli: Chiarini, De Marchi,Felline, Moreno, Pellizotti, Sella, Monsalve y Sanroro

SKY: Flecha,nHenao, Paté, Stannard, Swift, Uran, Zandio y Martinelli

Topsport Wlaanderen : Armee, De Jonghe, Van Hecke, Neirynck, Serry, Lietaer, Van Overberghe y Warytens.

Liquigas: Capecchi, Paterski, Ratto, Sagan, Salerno, Sarmiento, Szmyd y Vanotti

Andalucía : Palomares, Rosendo, Ramírez Abeja, Lobato, Carrasco, Chacón, Toribio y Lechuga.

BurgosBH: Anton, Dueñas, Brandao, Verona, Torres, Carazo, Belda y Mas

Orbea: Barbero, Zabalo, Aberasturi, Etxebarria, Bizkarra, Fraile, Orbe y Bagues.

Movistar: Arroyo, Bruseguin, López, Madrazo, Moreno, Pardilla, Plaza y Visconti.

Euskaltel Euskadi: García, Landa, Sicard, Anton, Velasco, Astarloza, Verdugo y Oroz.

Rabobank : Gesink, Breschel, Mollema, Niermann, Van Emben, Martes y Vermeltfoort.

Katusha: Florencio, Ignatenko, Losada, Moreno, "Purito" Rodriguez, Tsatevith, Kolovnev y Vicioso

Caja Rural : Cardoso, De La Fuente, Ferrari, Broco, Galdos, García, Piedra y Aramendia.

Saur Sojasun: Bessy, Galland, Jeandesboz, Lelay, Mederel, Paiani, Poulhies y Poux.

TRENDING THREADS