• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Stage 4:Barakaldo-Estación de Valdezcaray 160.6 Km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
If its this slow.tempo everyone is.predicting anton might as well have a go.
I have mixed feelings about this one : On one hand I could see two or three break survivors making it and taking the bonus time; and on the other hand I can see Foome and Alberto ducking it out , one to win back the seconds he lost today and the other to try to take more time

Look out for Marczynski. In a little group sprint he might get a shot.

He is in great form and the climb should suit him. He is also fast. Today he was the one that tried to go with the top four after the firs Valverde attack, well it was a little bit to optimistic, and he paid for it. But it was a great ride for him. Nobody expected that Maniek will be the best Vacansoleil rider :) Also he is not a threat for the GC riders, and he is free to ride. De Gendt is done for the GC.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Koba80 said:
Seeing as the road race side of the forum is now officially unabated fanboyism, can I just say...

LAGUTIN FTW!

And, as an aside, if someone can give me an Uzbek (or, PLEASE, Turkmen) champion jersey avatar image, I will love you almost as much as this stage 4 result.

Koba80 said:
And, as an aside, if someone can give me an Uzbek (or, PLEASE, Turkmen) champion jersey avatar image, I will love you almost as much as this stage 4 result.
uzbekistan-cycling.american-apparel-unisex-organic-tee.natural.w760h760.jpg

:D

this should be an sprint between moreno and valverde, with more options for the second. Uran can do also well.

doubt gilbert can be there at the final, but las 3 km suits to him very well

contador won't attack today

I guess it all depends on Contador today. If he decided to attack early on the climb again the bunch will be shredded and we will get a small group at the finish. I really don't expect any other big favourite to attack on this climb with the last 5k not that hard and exposed to the wind.

I don't think Contador will attack as well, but he's the only one that might try it.

manafana said:
this will be a much easier climb yes hard at start but just gets easier as goes up, someone like moreno will like it, really needs be someone with a good finish on slight uphill.

Why Moreno when his teammate Rodriguez is an even better version of Moreno.
And ofcourse Valverde again.
Maybe add Uran to the mix as well this time, and Mollema. All good in uphill sprints after a longer climb

Kwibus said:
I guess it all depends on Contador today. If he decided to attack early on the climb again the bunch will be shredded and we will get a small group at the finish. I really don't expect any other big favourite to attack on this climb with the last 5k not that hard and exposed to the wind.

I don't think Contador will attack as well, but he's the only one that might try it.

Yes i agree with you...

in that case Contador FTW, followed by Froome, Purito, Valverde to lose a few seconds

TRENDING THREADS